I always enjoy sharing my favorite books! So much so that on Instagram, I created the #wnjreads hashtag. I also share a lot of my favorite quotes on social media, as well as through my newsletter. Most of these quotes are actually from whatever book I’m reading at the moment. That said, I want to share 5 of my favorite books from 2017, as well as 3 quotes from each book. I’m also sharing 5 of my must-read books for the New Year. This list could also be called, 10 Books to Grow Your Faith and Business in 2018. Either way, take a look and let me know what you think!
Related: How to Choose Your Word of the Year
My Top 5 Books of 2017
1. Instinct, T.D. Jakes
- “We need to fail boldly if we want to succeed extravagantly.”
- “When ideas hang out with influence, income will always emerge.”
- “You can’t take everyone with you just because they were with you in the beginning.”
2. The Four Agreements, don Miguel Ruiz
- “God is life. God is life in action.”
- “Doing your best is taking the action because you love it, not because you’re expecting a reward.”
- “Respect your body, enjoy your body, love your body, feed, clean, and heal your body. Exercise and do what makes your body feel good.
3. Cultivate: A Grace-Filled Guide to Growing an Intentional Life, Lara Casey
- “She believed she couldn’t, so God did.”
- “We can’t do it all, and do it well. But, we can choose to cultivate what matters.”
- “You don’t have to be perfect or have it all together. God has it, and His abundant grace is yours for the taking.”
4. You Are a Badass at Making Money: Mastering the Mindset of Wealth, Jen Sincero
- “If you’ve made a backup plan, you haven’t made a decision.”
- “Get yourself in the position of bringing in money and deal with the fine-tuning later.”
- “When it comes to changing your life, if you’re not scared, you’re doing something wrong.”
5. I am Number 8: Overlooked and Undervalued, but Not Forgotten by God, John Gray
- “Your job is not to try to knock someone else out of your position, but to maximize your position as best you can.”
- “The anointing that has your name on it, the calling, the gift that has your name on it, is irreversible and irrevocable.”
- “So many people want the platform, but they don’t want the process. They want the position, but don’t want the pain.”
My Top 5 Must-Reads in 2018
- Higher is Waiting, Tyler Perry
- Soar: Build Your Vision from the Ground Up, T.D. Jakes
- Abundance Now: Amplify Your Life & Achieve Prosperity Today, Lisa Nichols
- The Four: The Hidden DNA of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google, Scott Galloway
- Rise & Grind: Out-Perform, Out-Work, and Out-Hustle Your Way to a More Successful and Rewarding Life, Daymond John
So tell me, what were some of your favorite books from last year, and what do you plan on reading in 2018? Let me know below!
As always, thanks for reading and commenting and until next time, be blessed and stay safe.
Love & light…xo!
KEEP UP WITH ME
Newsletter // Instagram // Twitter // Facebook
Oh to Be a Muse says
I love when people share book posts. I’m on Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3067154-cheryl) if you are so we can connect! Although this isn’t really my genre, that book “The Four” does sound pretty interesting.
Oh to Be a Muse recently posted…How to Throw a Galentine’s Day Brunch with Seven Daughters Wines
Thanks for reading! I love your book suggestions when you pst them too. I can’t wait to read “The Four”. Sounds really interesting. Oh, and I’ll definitely look into connecting through Goodreads. Thanks!