As July comes to a close, I thought it’d be nice to share somethings I’ve learned this month as well as what I loved, and what I’m looking forward to in August. I used to share this type of content in my newsletter as a different way to recap each month. Monthly recaps are great for sharing highlights, so here are some of mine:
3 Things I Learned in July
- Rest is a form of resistance.
- There is nothing wrong with slow growth, as long as your pace is consistent.
- Although I don’t consider myself a morning person, I prefer early morning workouts.
3 Things I Loved in July
- Morning walks/jogs in the park
- Discovering new shows on Hulu & Netflix with my husband
- Receiving “just because” flowers from the Mr.
3 Things I’m Looking Forward to in July
- Celebrating my 34th birthday
- I always look forward to celebrating my birthday, but this year feels different. Different in a good way. I’ve grown so much and I’ve overcome more than I thought possible this year. Because of this, I’ve never felt stronger. I’ve never felt more grounded and more sure of my future. This excites me and certainly has me looking forward to celebrating another year of life.
- Finishing What I Started
- I’m keeping the details about this one private for now. However, I will say this is something I shared on my Life Goal List.
- Traveling to Detriot
- My little sis is headed to college in August and although I will miss her terribly, I’m looking forward to helping her get settled in her dorm. I’m also excited to explore some of Detroit since I’ve never been there.
I pray July has been good to you so far. If you have some time, I encourage you to reflect on some of your favorite moments and lessons from this month. What brought you joy? What are you looking forward to next month? Journal your responses and try doing the same thing next month. This can be a great monthly task for you to complete!