Kimonos have been a wardrobe staple for me since last year. I’ve always been a fan of styling them, but over the last year I’ve been gravitating towards them more and more. When I’m out shopping that’s the first thing I search for – they’re such a necessary wardrobe addition. So of course, I must share the 5 reasons why you need kimonos in your wardrobe.
1. Versatility. There are several variations of the kimono trend and that’s a good thing. It keeps the trend versatile and makes it simple for you to find a style that works for your aesthetic. Weather full length, mid length or cardigan style, kimonos are extremely versatile; there’s a perfect style for every shopper.
2. Easy to Style & Wear. If you don’t know what to add to an OOTD like a maxi dress, throw on a kimono! Want to add a little something over a tank top and jeans look? Pick a kimono! They’re the easiest garments to style and wear.
3. Affordability. Oftentimes I find my favorite kimonos at the thrift store, for less than $10! Even if they’re not thrifted, more often than not kimonos aren’t that expensive. And they’re also on sale often at stores like TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack and Asos.
4. Timeless. I don’t think the kimono trend will go out of style anytime soon. Their classic and timeless wardrobe staples; perfect for any wardrobe and every season.
5. Comfort. If you’ve been a WNJ reader for awhile, you know I’m all about looking stylish and being comfortable. Kimonos are the perfect garment for comfort because they’re usually lightweight and flowy. The garment moves with you and the various prints and colors help amp up your personal style instantly!
So tell me, are you a fan of wearing kimonos? How many do you own? Let me know!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you’ve been inspired to purchase a few more kimonos for the season and upcoming seasons. If you signed up for my newsletter, THANK YOU – I hope you enjoyed the free info I sent over. More freebies and a few announcements to come so be sure to sign up today. Also, feel free to linkup you latest OOTD to my Personal Style Linkup. I’d love to see what you’re wearing. Until tomorrow, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME