I’m so grateful for another year of life and while I have many emotions about entering the last year of my 20’s, I’m truly excited about what this year has in store. This year I’ve decided to create and share my 7-year Life Goals List, which is inspired by, Maya Elious. I like to put my goals and aspirations in writing because I find that doing so helps keep me accountable. When I saw that Maya created her Life Goals List, I was intrigued. I knew that I had to create one, with my own twist, for my next birthday. That said, here are my 50 Life Goals List to achieve in 7 years.
- Continue Building a Solid Relationship with God – IN THE PROCESS & MAKING PROGRESS
- Join Bridgeway Community Church – IN THE PROCESS
- Join & Commit to a Ministry
- Expand whitneynicjames.com & Continue to Publish Consistent, Valuable and Useful Content
- Continue to Grow a Successful (and Lucrative) Business that Helps & Motivates Women
- Complete My Undergraduate Degree & Receive my Master’s
- Continue to Invest in my Entrepreneurship Endeavors
- purchase a MacBook – DONE (Spring 2017)
- new camera & lens – DONE (Spring2016)
- find a necessary coach/enroll in necessary classes
- Attend Mega Fest (TX)
- Write & Publish My 1st Book
- Interview & Post Interviews of at least 50 (More) Inspirational & Fearless Women
- Host a FWIAM Event – DONE (Spring 2017)
- Create the FWIAM Website (or Landing Page) – DONE (Summer 2017)
- Host a #WNJStyle Event
- Host a Vision Board Event – DONE (Fall 2017)
- Complete Another #ThriftwithNic Event/or Tour
- Meet Myleik Teele – DONE (Fall 2019)
- Meet T.D. Jakes – DONE
- Meet Mattie and Maya – DONE
- Travel to London & Maldives
- Travel to an Island I’ve Never Visited – DONE (Punta Cana Summer 2017)
- Travel to LA – DONE (Summer 2018)
- Receive my Social Media Marketing Certification – DONE (March 2016)
- Complete 1 Book a Month – DONE (Started reading 3 books a month in January 2017)
- Find a Charity to Commit & Donate to Regularly
- Prostate Cancer
- Generosity Global – DONE (Supporting since 2016)
FINANCIAL + BUSINESS
- Pay Off & Clear My Credit Report
- Student Loan(s)
- Credit Card Debt(s)
- Learn About Stocks & Investing
- Buy Stock
- Make $1,000 – DONE (Summer 2017)
- Make $5,000
- Save $3,000 – (DONE in 2020)
- Create Thrifting 101 Seminars/Courses
- Create at least Streams of Income –
DONE (Summer 2017 – WNJ, FWIAM, Social Media Management & eBay)
- Create a Nonprofit Organization
- Purchase FWIAM Domain Name (and Social Media Handles) – DONE
- Have at Least 1 Healthy Child
- Own a Home in Howard County
- Preferably Columbia, MD or Fulton, MD
- Take 2 Vacations a Year (Road-trip, Cruise, or by Plane)
- Send my Parents on a Trip
- Send my Grandmother on a Trip
- Pay for Taylor’s Sweet 16 Birthday Party
- Save “x” Amount for Taylor’s 20th Birthday
- Create a Consistent Workout Routine – DONE (Created & Started in July 2016)
- Practice Yoga Consistently
- Get Back to Swimming & Pole Dancing Classes
- Complete 7-Day Fast (Fruit, Veggies, Water & Fish Only)
- Complete 7-Day Day Vegetarian Challenge
- Start Running – DONE (Started July 2016)
- Enroll & Complete Boxing Class
- Train for a 5K Race
- Get Regular Massages & Facials – DONE (Started January 2016)
- Drink 1 Gallon of Water a Day – DONE (Started Spring 2017)
So tell me, what do you think about my 7-year life goals? What are some of your 7-year life goals? Let me know!
For months I’ve been determined to create a better life for myself and my family. In doing this I’ve vowed to live a life of purpose and to live life with intention. I no longer want to wait until I’m 30 to start going after certain goals. As always, thanks for reading. Until tomorrow, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME
Instagram // Twitter // Snapchat // Facebook // Newsletter
Happy Birthday and Congrats on your goals for the future.
THANK YOU!!! 🙂
Wow! These are great goals!!! I want to now create a book a month and much more! There is much good to do! Thank you for being an inspiration!
Laura recently posted…Illustrated Fashion Blog Tour (#illfashionTour) Featuring: Distinguished Diva
Thank you, Laura! And thanks for reading and being inspired. XO!
Happy Birthday! I love the idea of creating a list of goals to complete over 7 years. After reading your post, I think I will create my own list of goals to work toward over the next years as well. Best of luck to you! #BLMGirl
Keia recently posted…Introduction| Hello, and welcome!
Thanks, Keia! Best wished to you too…xo!
Toiia L. Rukuni says
Happy Birthday Whitney! Great list of goals! I love how you have them in categories, you have inspired me to create a new list for 2016!
Toiia L. Rukuni recently posted…Pumpkin Spice Pudding Parfaits
Thank you!! And I’m so happy you’ve been inspired to create a list. You got this! 😉
Phew Whitney, that’s quite a list! You are a very inspiring young lady. Congrats on all your endeavors both present and the future and happy 29!
Glenda recently posted…How to Make Accessories Werk
I said the same thing once I finished the list, lol! It’s A LOT, but I’m sure I can get it done. Thanks for the wishes and all your support…XO!
Happy birthday! Love your comment “live life with intention.” You’re well on your way!
Thanks, Robin! 🙂
Happy birthday Whitney! You have some great goals
Bobbie recently posted…Vacation: Miami South Beach
Thanks again, Bobbie! XOXO!
Antionette Blake says
Wonderful and lofty goals lil sis, which I know you will achieve, however, I can’t co-sign on #20!!!
Antionette Blake recently posted…How Short is Too Short – Dressing after Fifty
LOL! Thanks, sis! And yea, $20 is….well, just pray for me! 🙂
WOW you are so ambitious, I love your list. I can’t even think of tomorrow. I guess I need to do a list like this but it seems scary and exciting to do so. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy Birthday Whitney!
Thanks for linking up to “Bloggers WHo Have Inspired Me” this past Tuesday.
Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me is now LIVE here
Rachel recently posted…Spotlight Weekly link-up Co-host and Whites
Vashti (veepeejay.com) says
Happy birthday Whitney! I pray that you will be blessed with many more years to accomplish and ENJOY everything on your list. You are an inspiration.
Vashti (veepeejay.com) recently posted…Easy Goddess Twist on Natural Hair
Happy Birthday (again)! I love your list, I need to create one myself! I’m right there with you, I turn 29 in 10 days! 🙂
Kasi recently posted…Amiclubwear Swimsuit Review