Before I stared my minimal wardrobe journey, I did a lot of research. I said that I would take things slow and I promised myself that I would do things my way. Months into this new personal style change, I can say that I’m very pleased with my progress. I’m starting to see how this small change has made my life a lot less stressful.
It’s safe to say that creating a minimal wardrobe has made my life a lot less stressful. I don’t know many people who wouldn’t want to make their lives less stressful, so here are 5 reasons why having a minimal wardrobe will make your life easier.
* See Also, The Start of My Minimal Wardrobe Journey
1. Less Stress | How many times do you wake up in the morning and stress about what you’re going to wear? Most of that stress probably comes from having too many options. Creating a minimal wardrobe can easily cut your wardrobe in half, which will make getting dressed in the mornings a lot less stressful.
2. Less Expensive | Over the past 8 months I’ve spent less on my wardrobe than I have in years. In the beginning I got rid of a lot of unworn items and refilled my closet with certain key pieces, but once that process was over the spending dwindled. I no longer have the urge to make compulsive purchases because I know exactly what I have in my wardrobe, and I know exactly how to style (and re-style) each piece.
3. Less Stuff | Having less stuff makes #’s 1 and 2 possible. Need I say more?
4. More Freedom | Having a minimal wardrobe gives you the freedom to be creative. With just a few key pieces you’d be surprised at how many different outfits you can create using accessories, shoes and more. I find that I actually have more creative freedom with less clothing options. Sounds strange, I know, but it’s true! Just take a look at how many ways I’ve restyled the same pieces this year.
5. More Time | Having fewer clothing options frees up your time in the mornings, and in the evenings, to get more things done. Think about it… You probably spend about 20-30 minutes going back and forth with yourself about what to wear to work. Imagine having fewer choices to choose from. You can literally cut your morning “getting ready” time in half if you already know what’s in your closet, and how to style those items.
If you take a look at the outfits above, you’ll see how I styled 2 of the same sweaters, in different colors, 4 different ways. Thanks to accessories, shoe choices, different pants/bottoms and hairstyles, each outfit is perfect for a separate occasion. If this isn’t an example of a how building a minimal wardrobe can help create an easier and more simple lifestyle, I don’t know what is!
So tell me, do you think having a minimal wardrobe could help make your life a little easier? Let me know!
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to let me know your thoughts on creating a minimal wardrobe. I’d love to know your thoughts! I’m in the process of creating content on how to make 2017 a simpler and less stressful year. If you have any questions you’d like me to answer, feel free to send them! I’ll be sure to include the answers in my upcoming content. Until next time, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME