In my last post, I revealed my 2018 Word of the Year (WOTY). Although I’ve been coming up with a WOTY since 2016, this year I was prompted by my Lara Casey Goal Planner to add an anchor scripture to go along with my word. One I figured out my word, coming up with a scripture was relatively easy because I knew exactly what kind of scriptures I should search for.
But, back to my WOTY post… I received several messages, asking how come up with a WOTY. Not knowing where to start is totally understandable. I was in the same position a few years ago. Excited and ready to choose a word for the New Year, I had no clue how to pick just ONE word. So, if you haven’t decided on your 2018 word, below are a few tips to help get you started!
Your WOTY should:
- Be aligned with your yearly goals
- list a few yearly goals and start thinking of words that are aligned with those goals
- refer to your vision board for inspiration as well
- Help guide the work you do
- think of words that correlate with your daily work and lifestyle
- Inspire you Daily
- every time you see and speak your WOTY it should ignite some excitement, joy, or another positive emotion
When choosing your WOTY ask yourself:
- Can this word apply to more than one area of my life?
- think about words that can be used in at least 3 area of your life
- Example: WOTY – Revive // Areas of my life I want to REVIVE: (1) faith, (2) finances, and (3) marriage
- What do I want more AND less of in my life?
- write down what want more AND less of in your life this year (BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF)
- look back at your list and figure out what words can help you achieve those things
I hope this post is helpful, and I hope it encourages you to come up with your 2018 WOTY. If you do, be sure to let me know which word you chose below! Thanks for reading and commenting and until next time, be blessed and stay safe.
Love & light…xo!
KEEP UP WITH ME