The older I get the more I realize that people are scared to make things happen. Whether it’s a business decision or a romantic one many people are paralyzed by either the fear of failure or the fear of success. I have been guilty of being fearful of both.
Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen. ~ Michael Jordan
However, I’ve learned that in order to be successful in life I can’t afford to be afraid of the “what if’s.” I also can’t talk about making things happen more than actually putting in the work to make them happen. Read ahead for 6 things to keep in mind while making things happen in your business, relationships, and life in general.
- First things first. In order for a business, a relationship or a marriage to succeed you have to be all in. Half committing won’t cut it. Period. Deciding to commit is both the hardest and most important part when it comes to making things happen.
Related: How to Choose a Word of the Year
2. Don’t Over Share
- Whether it’s a new business idea or a relationship/or marriage, you don’t need to share everything with everybody. My advice is to find three people to share those intimate and specific details with. These people should be trustworthy, honest, and loyal. If you’re in a relationship or married, the first person in this trifecta should be easy. Your partner. When it comes to the other two, pray for discernment while seeking them out, then go with your gut.
Related: Life Lessons at 31
3. Track Your Progress
- Create a Vision Board for your business, relationship/or marriage. Place the board somewhere you can see it, and keep track of your progress and accomplishments. For example, say you have images on your board that represent purchasing office space, traveling to Europe or owning a home. Once you’ve accomplished that goal remove those images, and store them in a place you can refer back to. Eventually, you will have an empty board. An empty Vision Board equals accomplished goals.
Related: Vision Board Do’s & Don’ts
4. Don’t be Too Hard on yourself
- You will make mistakes. A business deal will fall through. An idea won’t work. Your relationship will hit a rough patch. You will go through difficult seasons in your marriage. It’s ok. Nothing and no one is perfect. Give yourself some grace. You’ve already made the decision to commit, so dig in your heals and push through.
Related: Forgiveness & Grace
5. Celebrate Your Success
- Don’t be afraid to celebrate the good things that happen to you. The celebrations don’t have to be elaborate but then again, they can be. Afterall, you deserve it!
The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. ~ Oprah Winfrey
Related: 21 Things to do This Summer
So tell me, what are some things you’d like to see happen in your life? How are you making them happen? Let me know!
Thanks, as always, for reading and commenting and until next time, be blessed and stay safe.
Love & light…xo!
KEEP UP WITH ME
*THIS POST DOES INCLUDE AFFILIATE LINKS*