“Love and marriage, love and marriage – they go together like a horse and carriage.” Am I the only one that used to sing along whenever Married With Children came on? Lol. Well as annoying as the Frank Sinatra opening song may have been, there is some truth to it.
While I haven’t been married for years, I have been married long enough to know love and marriage do indeed “go together”. Today, hubby and I celebrate our 9 month anniversary. I still can’t believe it’s been 9 months – time has flown. With his permission, of course, I wanted to share a few newly weds-dom (wed & wisdom combined) with you. Some are funny, some are more serious. But they’re all from the heart and I hope you enjoy!
Nic’s Newly “Weds-dom”
1. You can tell him once, you can tell him twice. Not matter what, he will still leave the toilet seat up. Learn to look before you sit.
2. Don’t go to bed angry. Talk it out. Even if you don’t reach a solution, reach a happy medium so you can go to bed with a clear mind.
3. Say, “I love you” as much as you can. Even at the most random times.
4. Laugh at his jokes when you’re out with others, even if they’re not funny.
5. Let your husband be the man.
6. Learn to love his family.
7. Keep things fresh…try new things. (in all areas of your marriage… )
8. Pray together & build a relationship with God, together.
I could list a lot more but these are our top 8. Some things listed are still a work in progress for us, and that’s okay. Building a strong marriage (or relationship) takes time and work and you both have to be willing to put in 100%, not 50/50.
Are there any love and marriage tips you’d like to share? Have any newly weds-dom/wisdom for us and other married couples? Let me know!
Thanks in advance and I’ll be back tomorrow. Be blessed and stay safe…XO!