Today, I’m not showing a specific OOTD but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to see YOURS! Be sure to link your outfits/or Polyvore outfit inspirations below! Don’t forget to link this post to whichever post you pick.
Now, let’s get into today’s post. I want to share some of the items on my Thriftmas List. My Thrift With Nic Tour starts the day after Thanksgiving and I’ve been steadily working on my shopping list. I plan to purchase items for myself, the hubby, as well as some Christmas home decor and gifts. I’ve set a budget, which I’ll share later, and I’m sure I can stick to the budget and get all the items on my list. So here are a few things I’m looking for.
- Chambray Shirt – I have an old shirt from my Dad but I’d like to find one that’s more fitted.
- Chunky Brown Sweater – This time of year, I love a nice warm sweater, like THIS one, and I’d love to add a brown one to my wardrobe.
- Print Flats – I find a lot of cute shoes while thrifting so I’m hoping to snag some cute animal print flats.
- Red Blouse – Red is the color for the holiday’s and I’ve always wanted a red blouse. This find should be easy…I hope.
- Red Pumps – These may be tougher to find because I’m looking for red pumps that are suede and have little to no scuffs or marks. We shall see. I may settle for red pumps that aren’t suede.
- Black Beret – I love to find hats while thrifting. Finding a beret/tam shouldn’t be that hard. I’m also looking for a black beanie so that I can create the below picture. I’m all over this DIY project. Isn’t it cute?!!? While her’s is not a DIY, check out how one of my favorite bloggers, Kéla , wears hers HERE!
Moving onto the hubby. His list is going to be easy peezy. He has more dress clothes than casual wear due to the nature of his job. Wearing a suit or slacks to work every day has left little to no room in his closet for dress down gear. Hopefully, that will all change once we hit the road.
- White Dress Shirt – I was told a man can never have too many white dress shirts. So, here’s hoping we’ll find a few more!
- Computer Bag/Satchel – Instead of carrying a vintage briefcase to work everyday, the hubby would rather carry a modern computer bag. Fancy, huh? Lol. I hope we can find a nice vintage inspired bag similar to the one pictured.
- Fancy Oxfords – I’ve found that when thrifting for men’s shoes, the options are limitless. This one will be another easy find!
- Flannel Shirt – While not into “trendy” clothing, he does like the flannel/lumberjack look. Not my fave but if he likes it, I love it.
- Leather Jacket – I love shopping for men’s jackets. I often find a few for myself. Finding a vintage leather inspired jacket is gonna be fun!
- Lastly, blazers were on his list. Little does he know I’ll be looking in the men’s blazer section myself. I LOVE the fit of a mans blazer. So structured and perfect!
So there you have it. That’s part of the clothing list for my upcoming tour. I have a feeling I’m going to be very successful while shopping. I know exactly what I’m looking for so I’m zoning in, hoping to have little to no distractions. Knowing me, my eyes will wander but, that’s the thrill of the hunt. You just never know what you’re going to find when thrifting. At least I have some sort of guide, lol!