As mentioned in this post, being a blogger and entrepreneur keeps me on the go most days. I absolutely love what I do and as of this year, I fully understand what it means to be an entrepreneur and an intentional blogger. I’ve also learned which apps help to make navigating through the world of entrepreneurship and blogging a bit easier. Below are the 7 Must Have Apps for Bloggers and Entrepreneurs, according to little ‘ole me.
1. PayPal | As an entrepreneur and blogger there are several times a month I hear the PayPal chirp go off. That means I’ve gotten paid for a sponsored post, from a social media client, or that I’ve gotten paid for an item sold on eBay. I can also accept payments on the go by using my PayPal card reader. This app, and the reader, are definite must haves for all entrepreneurs out there!
2. Mint | This is a great app to help track your spending. I like to know what I’m spending the most money on and how much I have left in my account at the end of the day/week. The app sends alerts when you’ve reach a “low balance” and tracks pretty much all your purchases, made from your linked bank card & accounts. Very helpful!
3. Mailchimp | Although you cannot create a newsletter using this app, it’s a wonderful tool to track your newsletter openings, clicks, new subscribers and unsubscribers. I send out 2 newsletters a week (WNJ & #FearlessWomanIam), so I find this app very helpful.
4. Evernote | I use this app to record my daily to do lists for my 9-5, as well as for my personal business needs. Thanks to Mattie, my mentor in my head and play cousin, I use Evernote daily. I’m very thankful she introduced me to this app and created an easy to follow “how to use Evernote” post on her blog. It has helped keep my day to day activities in one place and it also allows me to send my to-do lists to someone else (i.e. an assistant, intern, co-worker, boss, etc.) With the app, you can also create separate lists and notes and even add images and links to each list.
5. Buffer | This is how I schedule all of my tweets for @whitneynicjames. Each week I plug in and schedule certain posts I want to share via Twitter, including the images and links. Once added, I don’t have to think about it anymore. I know the tweet will be published at the right time and I can even check the stats of a particular tweet.
6. WordSwag | I share at least 4 or 5 inspirational quotes or scriptures weekly via Instagram as part of my brand. Because I’ve created a certain “look” for my Instagram feed, I like everything to look a certain way, even quotes. I use this app to create the quote image and it’s so simple. The different fonts, backgrounds and sizes help make each image different or the same, whatever your preference.
7. Rituals | As an entrepreneur and blogger it can be difficult to find a few moments to yourself. When I do get a moment of downtime, I like to either read, take a nap, listen to music, or meditate. The Rituals app is great for training your mind to meditate throughout the day. I usually use the app early in the morning when I wake or when I get home from work. I’ve even used it during my lunch-breaks. The app guides you through different types meditations for 5, 10, 15, or 20 minutes. The app also shows short videos (and descriptions) of different yoga techniques. This really is the perfect app to have on deck when you need just a few moments to regroup and refocus.
So tell me, do you use any of these Must Have Apps for Bloggers & Entrepreneurs? What’s your favorite app? Let me know!
I hope you’ve found this post helpful. Let me know if you’ve tried any of these apps and also let me know which apps help you find helpful as an entrepreneur and blogger. As always, thanks for reading! Have a happy and joyous Christmas and until next time, be blessed and stay safe.
KEEP UP WITH ME
Instagram // Twitter // Snapchat // Facebook // Newsletter