If there’s one thing I know for sure it’s that music has the power to motivate and inspire! Weather at work, in the car or home, I listen to music everyday. My taste in music is very random, but I like that. You can catch me listening to Nicki Minaj and 2Pac in the morning, Kirk Franklin at work, Bon Jovi during my lunch break, and Tyrese and Boney James in the evening to help me unwind. Music is an important part of my life and ever since I was young I’ve been a fan of all genres. So today I want to share 5 songs to motivate you everyday. By the way, I listen to these songs 7 days a week.
1. Be Alright, Kehlani. I stumbled upon Kehlani and this song when I was searching for new artists on iTunes. I literally listen to the song every day before work. Here’s the one part that sticks out to me most; When the tide gets high, you just get low. Hold your breath and take it slow. Yes I might get wet, I might get thrown. But I’ll resurface all on my own.
2. Deceleration (This is It!), Kirk Franklin. This song has been a favorite for years. Whenever I listen I feel like I can conquer the world; I can do anything! It’s a reminder that God has equipped me with everything I need to live the life I want and deserve, despite my past or future obstacles. That’s what that song gives me and that’s why I listen every day; for a helpful reminder and constant motivation.
3. God in Me, Mary Mary. These singing sisters struck gold with this song! The title says it all: (it’s the) God in Me. This song reminds us that although we may think somebody has it all, we can’t forget that it’s really the spirit (of God) in them that makes their life that great.
4. Moment for Life, Nicki Minaj. Who didn’t love this song when it came out?! Moment for Life is one of those classics that will never get old. It’s a real “feel good” song laced with timely lyrics and life lessons, from both Nicki and Drake.
5. Living on a Prayer, Bon Jovi. This song is another classic. If you want to feel inspired and groove to a good beat, this song is for you! Wasn’t this like the teen anthem of the 80’s?! #LOVEIT
So tell me, what songs motivate and inspire you? Do you listen to any of the songs I mentioned often? Let me know!
As always, thanks for reading. Until next time, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME
Instagram // Facebook // Twitter // Newsletter
Oh to Be a Muse says
What a fun and interesting mix! The hubs is a big fan of the Nicki Minaj song and I dig the Bon Jovi.
Oh to Be a Muse recently posted…Shopbop Summer
Love your choices Whitney, need to check out that first artist. I work from home but I listen to music too, especially in the afternoon when I start to lose steam!
robincharmagne recently posted…Flashback Friday – Faves On Friday