All black outfits are so good. They’re slimming, easy to keep clean, versatile, and did I mention slimming? This weekend I found myself wearing at least 3 all black outfits. As you may know by now, I’m in the process of simplifying my wardrobe. Wearing all black is a key step for me in the whole wardrobe simplifying process. So a look like the one below is absolutely perfect for me these days!
There are so many reasons I love and wearing all black outfits, but there are a few “rules” I have when wearing all black. Here are my top 5 rules:
1. Add some jewelry. All black is great, but it can be a bit boring if you don’t add some spice to the look. Adding a few pieces of jewelry and at least one statement piece is always a good idea.
2. Embellish. Add one clothing item that has some kind of embellishment, print or design. I did this with my vintage cardigan. Although the cardigan is black, the gold and clear embellishments add a little something extra to the look.
3. Invest in a lint roller/brush. Before I leave the house, I make sure I look at each (black) garment for lint, hair, fuzz, ect. I use the lint roller to get rid of all that stuff, and it makes for a much cleaner and more polished look. I also carry one with me in my car, just in case I have a meeting or event.
4. Add some color. Add color to an all black look? Why, yes! The base of your outfit can be all black, but adding a pop of color or even print helps add some personality to the look.
5. Invest in quality pieces. If you’re going to be wearing all black a lot, be sure to invest in quality wardrobe pieces. I have several pair of black leggings because I know they’re a staple in my wardrobe. I wear my thin and less expensive ones when working out and the more expensive pair for OOTD’s.
So tell me, are you a fan of all black outfits? What are your tips on wearing all black? Let me know!
As always thanks for reading and commenting. If you live in a state where there’s a lot of snow and yucky weather, be carefule and bundle up! Until next time, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME