Every year I make it known that I want to read more. Sounds good, right? Well, I’m happy to report that this year I took action and read a lot more than usual. Thanks to Audible– no, this post isn’t sponsored – I’ve been able to read several really good books this year. I’ve also gone the old school route and read through a few hardback and paperback books as well. I’ve always been a fan of reading, but this year my urge to read and research was like no other. That brings me to today’s post. I want to share a few books that I think you should add to your 2017 reading list. That said, here are 5 books to read in 2017.
* Watch, What I’ve Been Reading Latley
1. Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren | I’ve read this book twice and each time, I received something different. I plan to read through it again in 2017, but this time my husband will be joining me. If you’re looking for a better understanding on what your purpose is and you can use it to serve others, this book is for you.
2. The Power of I am, Joel Osteen | Packed with uplifting affirmations, an in depth look at some of your favorite characters in the Bible and a little humor, this audio-book has given me life for the past week! I’ll be done this book by the end of the year and I highly suggest you give it a read/listen. Joel has a way of helping you remember that you’re not only God’s gift, but you were born to do GREAT things. Simply put, everything you need to be GREAT is already inside of you – it’s up to us to activate that greatness. This book will help you do just that!
3. The Bible | I’m telling you, this is the best book ever written. It should’ve been #1 on this list, but I digress. This year, I made the decision to commit to strengthening my relationship with the Lord. Thanks to the New King James Version of the Life Application Study Bible, pictured below, I was able to really dive in and dig deep into The Word. I am still and will always be a work in progress, but to see my relationship and faith grow stronger every day is something I’m really proud of.
* See Also, 5 Things You Need to Survive 2017
3. The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster, Darren Hardy | I think I listened to this audio-book in less than 8 days. Yea, it was that good! Written by former publisher and editor of Success Magazine, Darren Hardy candidly shares the ups and downs of his entrepreneurial journey. Throughout the book he provides easy to digest tips on how to navigate through the crazy, scary, yet rewarding world of entrepreneurship. It’s a great audio-book to listen to while riding in the car, as well as during your lunch break. I suggest getting the hard copy of the book too. Not only can you highlight the important messages and write your own notes in the margins, but it’s also a great resource to refer back to through your journey.
4. I’m Judging You, Luvvie Ajayi | While reading through this book, I could not stop laughing and nodding my head. This collection of essays, coined the Do-Better Manual, is raw, honest and so necessary…and not to mention hilarious. It’s one of those books that makes you take a look at yourself, your friend-circle, your family, social media and the whole world in general like, “DANG! We really DO need to do better!” If you’re up for reading some humorous and witty life lessons, mixed with a bit of side-eye and harmless judgement, this book is a must read for you in 2017!
5. Rich B*tch, Nicole Lapin | I listened to this audio-book throughout the entire year. If your goal is to get your finances and credit together in the New Year, this book is worth a read. The author gives practical and straightforward advice, in small doses, on how to get your finances in order. She also clears up a lot of credit and finical myths/rumors. I found that very helpful!
So tell me, have you read any of these books? What are some books you think are worth reading in 2017? Let me know!
I can’t wait to read your suggestions! Be sure to let me know if you plan to read any of the books I suggested as well. Until next time, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME