I knew July would be the month I’d start to refresh certain areas in my life. After an unexpected April and May, and an emotionally heightened June, July just seemed like the perfect month to refresh. After all, July is the official mid-year mark. So, what better time for a refresh?
I’ve decided to focus on the following (4) areas:
1. Morning Routine
- Set a specific wake-up time
- Carve out an hour for devotionals and journaling
- Move my body for at least 30 minutes (walk/run, yoga, at-home workout)
2. Evening Routine
- Set a specific bedtime
- Set aside couple time with Darrius
- Create (and stick to) a new evening skincare routine
3. Health & Fitness
- Drink 1 gallon of H2O a day
- Move my body at least 30 minutes a day
- Schedule a (virtual) therapy at least once a month
- Complete home office setup
- Reorganize kitchen cabinets and pantry
- Refresh bedroom and finish hanging pictures
For months, I’ve been “winging” it in many areas of my life. This is very unlike me but, life happens. Those months of just going with the flow were, however, indeed necessary. I embraced that particular season, and now it’s time for me to embrace another one.
I don’t like to go too long without structure in my life. I thrive on routine, and I’m much happier and much more productive when I’m leading a disciplined life. So, here’s to a month of refreshed habits and a renewed focus!