Casual winter outfits have taken over my closet! Thanks to yesterday’s snow fall, this past weekends snow storm, and the cold weather in general, that’s all I think about when getting dressed in the mornings. Although I had to snap these pics in the evening, I was determined to show off one of my latest outfit, as well as share 5 easy tips on how to curate the perfect casual winter outfit.
1. Play with prints. I opted for stripes with this look and I’m glad I did. Adding prints to a casual look gives an outfit instant personality. Sure, I could have gone with a solid color top (like I do a most times), but for this look I wanted to do something different. Playing with prints was that something different and I’d like to think it worked.
2. Play with accessories. Accessories are more than just jewelry items; hats and scarves count too. Adding a cute tam or a beanie is the perfect way to style a casual winter look. Not only does it look cute, but it will also keep you warm!
3. Go for leggings or stretch denim. I’m partial to leggings, as I’m sure you can tell, but I’m also a fan of stretch denim. During the winter months it’s so easy to want to reach for something less appealing, like sweats or baggy pants. Quality leggings and stretch denim are easy to find at stores like Nordstrom, Marshalls and Macy’s. The two options also make for a nice smooth finish and are the perfect paring for casual winter pieces like tunics and over-sized sweaters.
4. Wear a pair of cute boots or booties. The perfect ending for a causal winter outfit is your shoe choice. Keep warm and wear a stylish pair of booties or combat boots. You can also throw on a pair of cute sneakers.
5. Stay warm. No matter what you decide to wear, be sure to stay warm. Casual winter outfits are fun to style, but don’t forget to choose pieces that are both stylish and practical.
So tell me, what’s your idea of a casual winter outfit? Any tips you want to share? Let me know!
As always, thanks for reading. I hope you’re all staying safe and warm. Don’t forget to add your latest outfit to my linkup HERE - I want to see you show off your personal style! Until next time, stay safe and be blessed…XO!