In order to prepare for the New Year there seems to be a laundry list of things to do! While this process can be overwhelming, it doesn’t have to be. Take a few moments and figure out what it is you need to get done before 2016. What’s at the top of the list? It can be something as simple as cleaning out your pantry. In case you need help figuring out where to start, here are 5 simple things to prepare you for 2016!
1. Schedule Time for Self-Care. | Scheduling time for self-care is something I’ve starting working on already. I’ve made 2 spa appointments, a facial and a massage, for next year. Take time to schedule a few self-care related appointments for 2016. Once a month is very realistic to make time for a facial, massage, hair appointment, or even a yoga class. You can even set aside time to read, catch up on your TV shows or do an at-home spa day for yourself monthly. Whatever you consider a self-care day, make the time.
** Related Post: The Importance of Self Care
2. Clear Out. | It’s time to clear out your closet, pantry or bathroom cabinet(s) – out with the old, in with the new! If you still have spring or summer clothes in your closet, I won’t judge you. However, I will say it’s time to switch to your late fall/winter wardrobe. If you can’t fit an item, haven’t worn it in 2 seasons or haven’t used a product in months, it’s time to get rid of it. When it comes to your pantry, check the expiration dates on all of the canned goods and packaged items.
3. Donate. | If you have you a lot clothes, shoes, accessories or even books that you no longer have use for, head to your local Goodwill (or thrift store) and donate those items. If you find that you need a few more items to replace some of the things you’ve donated, try thrifting those replacements first. It’s a great way to save money and you’d be surprised at the affordable and useful gems found at the thrift store.
** Related Post: Thrift Shopping Tips
4. Unsubscribe. | Throughout the year we all subscribe to certain stores and blog newsletters/email lists. At the time it seems like a great idea, but once your inbox becomes full of sale announcements and unrelated/random messages it becomes junk. My rule is this – if I haven’t shopped at a store or visited a blog/website in the last 60 days, it’s time to unsubscribe. Keep your inbox clean and clutter free in order to see those important messages that come through.
5. Reevaluate. | Reevaluating your wardrobe, habits, lifestyle and even your circle of friends is an important step to take when preparing for the New Year. After you reevaluate you may find that somethings and people don’t need to trickle over into 2016. That’s OK. With each season in your life it’s natural to let somethings go. Don’t be afraid to sit down and really think about what and who needs to stay and go.
** Related Post: The Importance of a Solid Starting Five
So tell me, what do you do to prepare for the New Year? Let me know!
As always, thanks for reading and following. I truly appreciate the support here on the blog, through social media, and even by sending emails. Until next time, stay blessed and be safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME