Who wants to see my top 5 thrifted outfits?! Well today for Thrifty Thursday, your wish is my command. While Spring cleaning my closet, naturally I’ve come across a plethora of thrifted pieces. So today, I’m taking you down my thrifted memory lane! Let’s check out my top 5 thrifted looks, starting with #5.
5. The Blue Set. Never a fan of “sets” this blue set changed my mind forever! Hubby and I traveled to Missouri for a wedding last year and of course, we had to pop into a few thrift stores. There was a Salvation Army in the area and as soon as I walked in, I saw this set. After trying it on and showing hubby, we both agreed that the purchase had to be made. $4 or $5 later, I was a happy girl! The thing I love most about the set is its potential. I can do SO much, or so little, with it. It’s a blank canvas that can be adorned with gaudy and over the top accessories, or played down with little to no accessories. Either way, it’s fabulous!
4. Psychedelic Tunic Outfit. Although you can’t see the entire outfit, this look is is a definite favorite. I purchased this tunic from 2nd Avenue in Columbia, MD last year (I think). I literally wear this tunic once a week to work. It’s extremely versatile and unique and quite frankly, it’s amazing!
3. Hand Painted Tee & Leopard. This t-shirt was also thrifted last year. I actually cut the neck and part of the bottom for a more feminine look. I put this look together and knew I had to add some leopard print. The shirt is a definite statement piece and because of it’s unique design, I feel like I’m wearing a piece of art whenever I wear it.
2. Vintage Embellished Skirt Set. Another set, lol! Wearing this Golden Girls inspired outfit was like a dream. I’ve always loved the late 80′s and early 90′s styles and for years, I wanted to re-created a look that resembled that decade without looking too cheesy. Purchasing this $4.90 skirt set helped me achieve just that! Adding my Love, Cortnie clutch and the (thrifted) pink pumps was a great way for me to add some trendy touches. Mixing vintage and modern helps keep a look like this from looking too outdated.
1. Leopard Crop Top, Vintage Jacket & Denim. Surprise! My #1 thrifted look isthe crop top outfit. I’m not sure if I love the crop top or the vintage jacket more, lol. Both pieces were a steal and styling them for a casual and trendy look was so much fun. Wearing this outfit, you couldn’t tell me a thing! I was very confident and excited to try the crop top trend. Thrifting trends like this one is smart because it allows you to try the trend without breaking the bank. Head to toe, this thrifted look is my all time fave! From the leopard print, to the embellished flats, to the funky art-deco inspired jacket, it has “Whitney written all over it.
So tell me, which of my thrifted outfits is your favorite? Are you feeling the “sets” or are you leaning towards the crop top look? Let me know!
Be sure to check out my Personal Style Linkup on the blog! I’d love for you to link up and show me your recent OOTD – I’ll be featuring my favoirte look next Monday by the way. As always, thanks for reading and feel free to keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. I’m always posting and saying something, lol. Until tomorrow, be blessed and stay safe…XO!