Spring is the perfect time to shop your local thrift stores for new wardrobe items. Once you’ve made room in your closet for a few new pieces, make a list of the items you plan to thrift for and start shopping! Thrifting for (certain) spring trends is a great way to test and build your thrifting skills. Still stuck and wondering, what to thrift for the season? Here are 6 things I think you should have on your spring thrift list.
1. Trench Coats – I thrifted an amazing Calvin Klein trench from the Goodwill and to this day, I get compliments whenever I wear it. Not only is it a stunner, but it’s unique because of the color and cost a fraction of what I would have paid in a department store. #WINNING
2. Costume Jewelry – Do you revamp your jewelry when springtime rolls around? I sure do! Thrift stores are the first place I shop for vintage and costume jewelry additions. The prices are unbeatable and the selections are extremely unique.
3. Kimonos – Kimonos can be worn all year, but are more “on trend” during the spring and summer months. I guarantee there will be at least one vintage kimono at your local thrift store that you’ll have to purchase. Be sure to check the lingerie or sleepwear sections first. That’s where I usually find my kimono’s.
4. Sunglasses – I’m a sucker for a vintage pair of sunnies. Come to think of it, most of the sunglasses I own are thrifted. If you’re looking to add some style to your spring and summer outfits, try thrifting a pair of sunnies.
5. Tote Bags – I shared my must have spring handbags and tote bags made the list – I LOVE them! If you want to save some money and still find a cute tote, I suggest browsing the thrift before heading to the mall.
6. Graphic Tee’s – I don’t usually buy a lot of graphic tee’s, but when I do I check my local 2nd Avenue first. I especially like shopping the men’s section for this trend. They carry a plethora of vintage sports and college tee’s!
SO tell me, will you be thrifting any spring items this season? Let me know!
Before you go, be sure to sign up for my newsletter! I have a lot coming up this season and I want to be sure you’re kept in the loop. You can also follow me on social media – I stay posting something there! Until tomorrow, be blessed and stay safe!
KEEP UP WITH ME
** Linkups: Thrift Sisters **