A few days ago someone asked what I’ve been reading, so I posted a few of my reads on Instagram. I wanted to share here on the blog as well; I think it’s a great topic to discuss as we prepare for the New Year. Hopefully these suggestions will give you some ideas and in turn, you can send some suggestions my way! There are a few more books on my to-read list (by January 31st), but these are the few I’ve been focused on at the moment. Check out the video and description of each below!
1. Our Daily Bread | I’ve been reading this devotional for years and I suggest it to just about everyone who asks for an inspirational read suggestion. It’s a daily devotional, filled with short stories, practical applications and references a story in the Bible to tie it altogether. I get them mailed to my home and I also use the app several times a week. If you’re looking for an easy and impactful daily devotional, check it out!
2. Destiny, T.D. Jakes | This book is a must read if you’re searching for a your purpose and trying to figure out why you’re here. This book is truly life changing and came at the perfect time. Not only did I have the pleasure of meeting the author, but he also encouraged me to continue pursing and living my purpose. Powerful moment, for sure. If you get a chance to read this book let me know. I’d love to hear your thoughts!
3. ZAG, Marty Neumeier | Thanks to my Mom I found out about this book. This is yet another “on time” read, as far as where I am in my blog and business journey. It’s an easy and straightforward read on how to stand out from your competition and how to “zag” when everyone else is doing the same thing. GREAT read!
4. Essence Magazine (October & November Issue) | I’ve been a subscriber to Essence Magazine for years. These 2 issues, one with Kerry Washington on the cover and the other with Taraji P. Henson, did not disappoint. Both were filled with very useful financial, life and beauty tips/info, geared towards the African American Woman. If you can get your hands on these issues, you won’t be sorry!
5. Self (October Issue) | Although I’m not a subscriber, I often purchase this Self Magazine (and others) when one of my favorite celebrities is on the cover. I mean let’s be honest, imagery draws everyone in right? I’ve been a fan of Jessica Alba for a while and I admire her as a business woman, wife and mother. Seeing her on the cover, I knew I had to purchase this issue. She talked a lot about building her billion dollar brand while being a woman, mom and wife. She also let readers know a few of her woman inspirations. Check it out if you can.
6. O Magazine (November Issue) | I’m a fan of O Magazine and this issue was not only visually appealing, but uplifting as well. My favorite part of the issue, aside from Oprah’s 70’s inspired outfit, was the pocket size quotable inspiration cards. You can pop out these cards and add them to your vision board, keep them in your wallet or mirror as daily reminders.
So tell me, what do you think about what I’ve been reading? What books, magazines or devotionals have you been reading lately? Let me know?
Thanks for reading and be sure to check out the video for an even more in-depth look at what I’ve been reading. Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more videos! Also, be sure to enter the Kate Spade #FearlessWomanIAM giveaway, HERE. Until tomorrow, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
Keep Up With Me