If you subscribe to my newsletter you probably remember me saying that this summer was “a wild one”. I can honestly say that I’ve gone through just about every emotion there is over the past 3 months. Despite the wild and craziness of the season, my saving grace has been my evening and morning routines. Having set routines makes navigating though my days so much easier. Therefore, I want to share a few of my “night before” tips with you. Here are 5 things to do at night to prepare for the next day!
* See Also: 11 Ways to Have a Better Day
1. Cleanup your surroundings. | I always tidy up before heading to bed. When everything is in order and in place, I can breathe easier. Plus it helps to know where things are when you’re trying to head out the door in the morning. Spending 5-10 minutes in the morning frantically looking for your car keys or phone, when you’re probably already running late, is no fun – trust me.
2. Make a list. | When I jot down a few reminders for the next day I feel like I’m already 5 steps ahead. It doesn’t have to be anything elaborate; a short list with 3 or 4 reminders will do. I often list 3 people I need to email/or call the next day on a post it and stick it on my computer screen.
3. Pick out your clothes. | This is something I’ve been doing since I was in grade school. My husband does the same thing. Hang your next day outfit in the front of your closet, or even on the outside of your closet door. Place your shoes, jewelry and any other accessory you’ll need on the dresser or somewhere visible. This simple task will save you so much time in the mornings.
* See Also: The Ultimate Playlist for an Amazing Day
4. Set your alarm. | Thanks to the iPhone iOS 10 upgrade, the ‘Bedtime’ feature reminds me when I need to go to bed in order to get at least 6-7 hours of sleep. Since I’m working on consistently going to bed and waking up at a certain time during the week, this feature is the perfect way to keep me on track.
5. Unplug. | After you’ve set your alarm, put your phone on silent and place it face down on your dresser. Also, turn off the TV or laptop. The worst thing you can do is sleep with those on. The bright light from both is distracting and makes it harder for you to get a good night’s sleep.
So tell me, what things do you do at night to prepare for the next day? Anything I mentioned above? Let me know!
I hope you find these tips helpful. Doing these 5 simple things has really helps me prepare for a productive “next day”. I plan to share my morning and evening routines with you in the near future, but in the meantime feel free to follow me on Snapchat. I often share snippets of my routines over there. Until next time, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME