Welcome to a new and SHORT work week. I’m counting down to 2 things – Thanksgiving and my 1st thrifting tour! That’s all I’ve been thinking about lately. With all this thrift talk, it’s only right that I keep my Thrifty Friend series rolling and introduce you to a new thrifted fashion friend of mine! A die hard thrifter, Vivi is a Washington D.C. native and is also a DMV blogger. I can say first hand that she is an expert at styling vintage and modern pieces. When we met about 2 years ago, we instantly clicked and the rest is pretty much history. Vivi is my fellow blogging buddy, my DC travel partner in crime, and is someone who I can always count on to make me laugh! Enjoy her interview and don’t forget to visit her blog and all it’s greatness, here!
1. Name, Blog Name & Location?
Vivi. Heart, Print & Style. DC.
2. How long have you been a thrifter?
Way back in my elementary school days. Against my will, mind you. Thanks, Dad!
3. How did you get into thrifting? Did someone inspire you?
I really started to appreciate thrifting because of my sister. While she was in undergrad, she got deep into thrifting through her friends. I’ll see her in all these cute outfits and she’ll always go, “Got it from a thrift store. You should really start thrifting.”
4. How often do you thrift?
Probably a few times a month.
5. What are some of your favorite Thrift Stores in your area?
Unique Thrift Store in Adelphi, MD. Village Thrift in Bladensburg, MD. Value Thrift Store in Landover Hills, MD.
6. What would you say to someone who wants to try thrifting but has no idea where to start?
I’ll tell that someone to start with accessories. That’s what I did; started scouring the purses and earrings section.
7. What items do you look for most when you thrift? Clothing, Accessories, Home Decor or a little bit of everything?
Mainly clothing. I usually make a beeline to the dresses, blazers or skirt/pant suits section (my latest obsession. Thanks, sis!). Of recent, been hitting up the home decor section.
8. Are there certain items you will not thrift? If so, what?
Bras and panties. Definitely.
9. What are 3 words to describe your style?
Simple, Subtle, (with splashes of) Prints.
10. Any fashion/style inspirations? Celeb or non-celeb?
11. What’s the biggest misconception, in your opinion, you think people have about thrifting?
The whole ‘ick’ factor of wearing something someone has worn before. But remember, that’s why washer machines and dry cleaners were created.
12. Anything else you’d like to share?
Thrifting is an awesome experience. Once you start, you can’t stop.