It’s taken me a while to figure out my personal style. While some aspects of my style may evolve as I mature, I have a pretty good grasp on what I like to wear and what’s right for my body type. My lifestyle is active, my work environment is casual, and my closet reflects that. Sure, there may be an occasional business professional or fancy event I have to attend. When that time comes, I’m prepared. But for the most part, my style is minimal, chic and no-fuss. Give me a kimono, like this one from Forever 21, a pair of leggings, a comfy flat or sneaker, a pair of hoop earrings and I’m good to go!
RELATED: What I Usually Wear to Work
So, how can you figure out your personal style? It’s really not that difficult. The process can actually be quite enjoyable! Read ahead for 3 quick and easy tips to help find your personal style.
- Consider Your Everyday Lifestyle
- Figure out what your every day looks like. Are you active? Always on-the-go? Do you work in an office that requires you to sit behind a desk? Does your industry call for you to dress business-casual or more business professional? Do you work from home? These are a few questions to ask yourself to help get you thinking about your personal style.
- Find Inspiration
- Pinterest, Instagram, and fashion magazines are the perfect go-to’s when looking for style inspiration. Take it a step further and create a mood board for your personal style. As you shop for new pieces to add to your wardrobe, use the mood board as a reference guide to help keep you on track.
- Re-organize & Clean-out Your Closet
- Once you complete steps 1 and 2, head to your closet and figure out what pieces you already have and what pieces you need. Write down the needs, keep the haves and donate or toss what you no longer need.
So tell me, what do you think about my personal style tips? Thoughts on my outfit? Let me know!
Thanks, as always, for reading and commenting and until next time, be blessed and stay safe.
Love & light…xo!
KEEP UP WITH ME