I’ve been talking about seasons quite a bit lately – see post HERE and HERE. As I’ve shared before, this has truly been a season of preparation in many ways. For months I’ve been planning a lot of (great) content and coming up with amazing ideas for the blog and for FWIAM, yet I had no concrete plans on when to share. I basically got stuck in preparation mode.
While I do think taking time to prepare before sharing or releasing something new is necessary, it’s importation not to stay there. Unfortunately, it happened to me. I became so caught up in preparing that I lost the motivation and desire to share. Thankfully I learned how to P.I.V.O.T. my way through this season. This allowed me to feel motivated again. You’re probably thinking, “what does P.I.V.O.T. mean?” Allow me to explain while sharing 5 Ways to Get Motivated.
1. Pray | When you’re feeling uninspired and unmotivated, pray. Be specific – ask for exactly what you want. Don’t be scared. Prayer not only calms me down, but it also gives me a chance to listen to what I’m being told.
2. Ignite (Internal Conversation) | Our internal dialogue is so important when trying to get (and stay) motivated. The way we talk to ourselves is a clear indication of how we feel about ourselves. Learn how to spark a positive dialogue with yourself. Self-talk should always be positive, uplifting, and honest.
3. Vent | We can often find motivation just by venting and talking to others. Of course, you don’t want to confide in just anyone, but having a few inspiring, trustworthy and honest people to vent to is very helpful. Let them know why you feel so unmotivated and trust they’ll help you get you back on the right track. Having those few “go-to” people has been such a blessing during this season.
4. Omit Distractions. | Get real with yourself and remove distractions. Sometimes the reason we’re so unmotivated is because of who we’re spending time with, what we consume on social media, and even the TV shows we watch. Once I started getting rid of certain distractions, I noticed a positive shift in my attitude. I was finally able to get back to my positive and happy self once again. Protect your peace and eliminate those distractions.
5. Take Action. | There is nothing wrong with preparing, but you must have a plan take action. What good is it to plan so much greatness, that has the potential to inspire and motivate others, if you never share it? Don’t waste your greatness and good ideas – take action and share those gifts. The world needs it!
So tell me, how do you get and stay motivated? What do you think about my P.I.V.O.T. method? Let me know!
Thanks for taking the time to read and I hope this has inspired you to take action. Getting and staying motivated during certain seasons is tough. We get complacent, stuck and we just don’t feel motivated – life happens. However, we don’t have to stay there! Stay positive and motivated and always keep the end goal in mind. Until next time, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME
Instagram // Twitter // Snapchat // Facebook // Newsletter
Amy Ann says
Sounds like a great strategy to get remotivated. As bloggers, we can all use that sometimes.
Straight A Style
Thanks, Amy!And you’re so right, we can all use little reminders sometimes. 🙂
Pam Hetlinger says
Love the PIVOT acronym! I especially need to work on omitting distractions! xo, Pam
March and May says
This post is just at the right time. I feel so unmotivated lately. Great tips lady.
March and May
😉 Thanks so much for reading!
Thanks for these tips, Whitney! Very much needed.
Vivi recently posted…Spring Trend #3: Pleats
No prob! 😉
I need to focus on omitting the distractions – I’m terrible about trying to juggle too many things at once!
District of Chic
districtofchic recently posted…spring gardening
Ditto! I think we all can get better with this. 😉
Timely post! Getting motivated is totally my issue these days as it pertains to anything non FUN related LMAO!
Dressed2dNines recently posted…Olive Camisole Dress: Spring Style
Thanks for reading! Staying motivating can be tough, be we got this! 😉
This is right on time Whitney! Love the acronym too!
robincharmagne recently posted…Lady In Lace – OOTD#79
Thanks so much, Robin!
Kelsey Bang says
I love this post! I want to try praying more often!
Kelsey Bang recently posted…A Rainy Day at Epcot Flower and Garden Festival
Thanks, Kelsey! And yes, that’s something I’ve been working on too.
Wonderful tips Whitney, just what I needed. I am guilty of not praying enough for something, or praying for something without realizing that perhaps that isn’t God’s direction it’s just the direction I want it to go only to be disappointed. But I have seen God do miraculous things that I asked for awhile back so I know eventually He answers, just in the right time.
Thanks, Rachel. He does indeed answer right on time!
Taislany Gomes says
Love the tips! Thanks for sharing
Take Care Doll! Kisses,
BLOG | Taislany
No problem. Thank YOU for reading!
Terrific post. I am always looking for inspiration to stay motivated. Distractions is a big one for me…
I meditate every morning and also dance around my kitchen. Both lift my spirit, energize me and help me to stay focus and motivated.
Thanks for the PIVOT
Thank you, Cynthia! 🙂
Marquita C. says
These are great tips that I hope to use when I’m lacking motivation! #BLMGirls
Marquita C. recently posted…Shop Smart for Spring
Thanks, Marquita! I’m so glad you enjoyed reading.