For the past 8 weeks I’ve been steadily building my new Instagram account. I’ve been able to grow my following from 0 to 850 (+) in this short amount of time. When I had my old Instagram account my following was about 2,600 (+). Decent following, yes, but I had the account for about 3 years and I mostly posted without intention. I aimlessly shared images that I liked and hoped people would find them interesting. Not the best tactic.
As a visual person I’m constantly inspired by images, which is why I now focus so much on imagery. I do my best to share clear pictures, provide quick and valuable content, as well as a few real-life moments here and there. All in all, I share images with intention and images that are aligned with my purpose. I share what I want to see. I’m also more aware of who I follow and who I allow to follow me. I’m very protective of my brand and I’m picky about what I allow my mind to be consumed with when it comes to social media. Below are 5 amazing women I enjoy following on Instagram. Check them out!
1. @FearlessWomanIam | By now I’m sure you’ve heard about the #FearlessWomanIAM movement, created to highlight and inspire fearless, stylish and entrepreneurial women of today. I decided to create an Instagram account in hopes to continue uplifting women by sharing images of other powerful women, insightful quotes and thought provoking questions. The feed is interactive, positive, and geared towards the fearless women.
2. @KylaLive | The creator of Pink Proverb, an inspirational and lifestyle blog, has a very inviting feed. From real life happenings, to heartfelt reminders/quotes and a sprinkle of personal style, Kyla shares a plethora of enjoyable images. This is definitely an account to follow if you fancy that mix.
3. @Alex_Elle | I love a good word or quote and Alex provides just that through her simple and minimal Instagram feed. Reading the quotes and taking in the images, you can’t help but feel something. It’s truly inspiring to see the effort she puts into the images she shares. As stated in her bio, Alex treats the account like a visual journal. I LOVE that!
4. @FourOneOhBlog | I fell in love with this account after meeting Tia, the blogger behind Four One Oh!, this summer. Her images tell a story and you can tell that she’s very intentional with what she shares. From fashion, to food and events, Tia’s feed comes to life! Seeing some of her pictures make you wish you were there.
5. @LifeAccordingtoHer | Filled with encouraging business, life and love image/quotes, this Instagram feed is designed to support and encourage women. The imagery is clear and crisp which makes the feed very easy to scroll though. Ahyiana Angel, the woman behind Life According to Her, is passionate about connecting and encouraging “the cosmopolitan woman”.
So tell me, what’s your Instagram approach? Who are some of your favorites to follow? Let me know!
I was a bit under the weather yesterday and unable to share another personal style post as planned. But no worries; I’ll be back to personal style sharing next week. For the remainder of the week, I’ve got some other great things to share. In the meantime, be sure to hop over and join my Personal Style Linkup and if you haven’t already, enter my #FearlessWomanIAM giveaway HERE. Until tomorrow, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
Keep Up With Me