Kimonos have been a wardrobe staple for me since last year. I’ve always been a fan of styling them, but over the last year I’ve been gravitating towards them more and more. When I’m out shopping that’s the first thing I search for – they’re such a necessary wardrobe addition. So of course, I must share the 5 reasons why you need kimonos in your wardrobe.
1. Versatility. There are several variations of the kimono trend and that’s a good thing. It keeps the trend versatile and makes it simple for you to find a style that works for your aesthetic. Weather full length, mid length or cardigan style, kimonos are extremely versatile; there’s a perfect style for every shopper.
2. Easy to Style & Wear. If you don’t know what to add to an OOTD like a maxi dress, throw on a kimono! Want to add a little something over a tank top and jeans look? Pick a kimono! They’re the easiest garments to style and wear.
3. Affordability. Oftentimes I find my favorite kimonos at the thrift store, for less than $10! Even if they’re not thrifted, more often than not kimonos aren’t that expensive. And they’re also on sale often at stores like TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack and Asos.
4. Timeless. I don’t think the kimono trend will go out of style anytime soon. Their classic and timeless wardrobe staples; perfect for any wardrobe and every season.
5. Comfort. If you’ve been a WNJ reader for awhile, you know I’m all about looking stylish and being comfortable. Kimonos are the perfect garment for comfort because they’re usually lightweight and flowy. The garment moves with you and the various prints and colors help amp up your personal style instantly!
So tell me, are you a fan of wearing kimonos? How many do you own? Let me know!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you’ve been inspired to purchase a few more kimonos for the season and upcoming seasons. If you signed up for my newsletter, THANK YOU – I hope you enjoyed the free info I sent over. Until tomorrow, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME
Instagram // Twitter // Snapchat // Facebook // Newsletter
I love your kimonos and have 5 in my closet. They hide my imperfections and add some sass to my wardrobe. Thanks!
Neti recently posted…Say yes. .
Kimonos are the best! Thanks for reading, Neti!
Curvy CEO says
I loooove Kimonos! They are a great alternative to a suit jacket in the office!
Curvy CEO recently posted…Top Tips for Road Warriors
🙂 They’re the BEST!
I couldn’t agree more with all of these. You look so lovely in each of these kimonos, but you are definitely rocking the red one. Thank you for linking up to “Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me” today.
Rachel recently posted…Celebrating Della’s Blog Anniversary Target Giveaway
Thanks for reading, Rachel! And no prob!
Kimonos do make for a perfect summer layering piece, and I love all the ways you’ve styled yours!
Chic on the Cheap
Lyddiegal recently posted…Summer daze
Yes, I LOVE them! Thanks for stopping by. XO!
Style & Poise says
Yes, kimono’s are definitely one of your staples for sure and you wear them well love. I own a couple myself and in my case, I love how “forgiving” they are. I seem to always gravitate towards them when I want to be cute but mask my problem areas. I also love that they can be worn all seasons, transitional pieces are my best friend! 🙂 Great post!
Style & Poise recently posted…Casual Flow: Blossom
Thanks, girlie! 🙂
I love kimonos. They are an instant outfit maker! These two you have are beautiful. Especially liking the pink one!
Ivete recently posted…It’s (not) the most wonderful time of the year
Agreed; instant outfit maker indeed!
I absolutely love kimonos! They are very versatile, which is one of the main reasons why I have several of them. I love how you styled them too! Great post!