Yesterday was another snowy and icy Monday here in Maryland. I’m pretty sure a lot of us were either off or worked from home, due to the “wintery mix”. As mentioned in this post the weather has caused me to work from home a lot more lately. So today I want to share a few (more) of my Work from Home Wardrobe Must Haves.
1. Comfy Sweaters & Tops | Wearing comfortable clothing is a must for me, especially when I’m working from home. I move around quite a bit so wearing comfy swearers, tunics and flowy tops is perfect. I purchase most of my “work at home tops” from Nordstrom Rack, Marshall’s and of course, the thrift store. I usually rotate my top, creating a uniform of sorts. It makes getting dressed in the mornings a lot easier when I already know what I’m wearing.
2. Statement Jewelry | It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of statement jewelry. Even if I’m working from home, I always wear at least one statement piece. I thrift most of my pieces, but I also purchase pieces from the jewelry department at Macy’s, JCPenney or Nordstrom Rack.
3. (A Few) Maxi Dresses & Skirts | I love a good maxi dress (or skirt), especially during the warmer months. Having a few maxi options handy on my work from home days is another way to ensure getting dressed is simple and easy. Maxi dresses are also great layering pieces during the cooler months.
4. Comfy Shoes | Although I prefer bare feet or sometimes socks while in the house, comfy shoes are important to keep close. If I have to run errands, head out for some lunch or just walk to the mailbox downstairs, I reach for one of my many pairs of cute and comfy flats.
5. Handbags (Clutches, Backpacks & Large Handbags) | Again, you never know when you may need to slip out of the house. Therefore an array of handbags to choose from is a must. I usually reach for one of my backpacks (like this one) or a big tote bag, but there are times when a simple clutch will do.
6. Cardigans (Longs and Short) | Cardigans are very important items in my work from home wardrobe. I tend to get cold often so I always keep a cute cardigan, long or short, handy.
7. Thick Leggings | When I’m not wearing skinny leg denim or stylish sweatpants leggings are my thing, like this pair. Not only are they slimming, but they pretty much go with several of my tunics and tops. I have approximately 5 pair of leggings and just like many of my other wardrobe items, they’re in constant rotation.
So tell me, what does your work from home wardrobe consist of? Let me know!
Thanks for reading and be sure to let me know more about your work from home wardrobe. I can always use more suggestions! Be sure to link your recent outfit to my Personal Style Linkup below. Until tomorrow, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
Keep Up With Me
Instagram // Twitter // Facebook // Newsletter
** Linkups: How I Fall, WIW, Mix it Monday, Garay Treasures, Trend Tuesday, Small Victories **
I need a link for these thick leggings. I love leggings but given how cold it’s been lately I haven’t been wearing them. My work from home wardrobe is extra comfy. Sweats, soft memory foam slippers and my hair in a bun.
Yaya recently posted…15 of My Favorite Feelings
I added one just for you! 😉 I LOVE them…so comfy!
The statement jewellery is so key! It can really dress up any outfit.
Indeed! Thanks for reading!
Red Tag Chic Los Angeles says
It’s my ultimate goal to work from home – and your faves will be my faves too!
Have a lovely week!
Red Tag Chic Los Angeles recently posted…Birthday Style
Thanks, Rebecca! That is my goal too…all day, everyday. Lol. 😉
Amy Ann says
Great must haves! I love having good sweaters to mix and match.
Straight A Style
Thanks, Amy! 🙂
Antionette Blake says
Hey sis, wintery mix or not, I still have to head into the office which is why I love my over-the-knee suede boots – perfect timing huh? Glad to see you are still hosting the linkup because I also love seeing the lovely ladies.
Yes, I love a good pair of OTK boots. Thanks for stopping by, sis! 🙂
I like that you stay motivated to dress well even when working from home – I know how easy it would be to just stay in pjs!
Yes, getting dressed really helps. There are some days when I’m just not feeling it, lol, but I do try 100% to push past that and throw on something “decent”. LOL!