Throughout the month of July, my mood was like a roller coaster. My workout routine dwindled, my workload picked up a bit, and my eating habits, well, let’s skip that part for now. All those things, I’m sure, had a lot to do with my everchanging moods. Nonetheless, I tried not to let those things throw me off (too much). Instead, I began making small changes and figuring out simple ways to boost my mood. If you’re looking for quick and easy ways to boost your mood, I’ve got five that I’m sure you will find helpful!
Related: 7 Practical Ways to Deal with Stress
- Take a Break from Social Media
- Constantly scrolling through your Instagram and Facebook feeds can be draining. Give your brain, and your fingers, a rest. Try designating certain times to check your social media feeds, and if you’re up for it try a social media free weekend. I do them quite often. No posting, no scrolling, and no commenting. I just enjoy my surroundings and focus on engaging in activities that make me happy. If you find that you really want to share what you did on social media, snap a few pictures and post them later.
- Create a Playlist
- I’ve mentioned this several times, but listening to music helps improve my mood tremendously. Creating a playlist full of your favorite songs is one of the easiest ways to boost your mood!
- Go for a Walk
- I love to go for leisurely outdoor strolls and nature walks. Connecting with nature can definitely rejuvenate your mood. The perfect times (for me) to go for walks are early morning or late evening. The weather is perfect and your surroundings are usually peaceful. Hearing birds chirp in the morning or watching the sunset in the evening is the perfect way to start or end any day.
- Treat Yourself (and don’t feel guilty about it)
- I’m not one to encourage constant indulging, but every now and then it’s OK to treat yourself. Treating yourself to something as simple as an ice cream cone or a new book can do wonders for your mood! You deserve a pick-me-up every now and then.
- Put on Your Favorite Lipstick
- This is new for me. I usually prefer a nice nude gloss but lately, I’m noticing that putting on a nice red lip is an instant mood booster. It makes me feel powerful and it makes me feel FEARLESS!
Tell me, what are some of your quick and easy ways to boost your mood? Comment below!
Thanks, as always, for reading and commenting and until next time, be blessed and stay safe.
Love & light…xo!
KEEP UP WITH ME
Newsletter // Instagram // Twitter // Facebook
*THIS POST DOES INCLUDE AFFILIATE LINKS*