For the past 8 weeks, I’ve been steadily building my new Instagram account. I’ve been able to grow my following from 0 to 850 (+) in this short amount of time. When I had my old Instagram I had a decent following, yes, but I mostly posted without intention. I aimlessly shared images that I liked and hoped people would find them interesting. Not the best tactic.
As a visual person, I’m constantly inspired by images, which is why I now focus so much on imagery. I do my best to share clear pictures, provide quick and valuable content, as well as a few real-life moments here and there. All in all, I share images with intention and images that are aligned with my purpose. I share what I want to see. I’m also more aware of who I follow and who I allow to follow me. I’m very protective of my brand and I’m picky about what I allow my mind to be consumed with when it comes to social media. Below are 5 amazing women I enjoy following on Instagram. Check them out!
1. @FearlessWoman_Iam | By now I’m sure you’ve heard about the #FearlessWomanIAM movement, created to highlight and inspire fearless, stylish and entrepreneurial women of today. I decided to create an Instagram account in hopes to continue uplifting women by sharing images of other powerful women, insightful quotes, and thought-provoking questions. The feed is interactive, positive, and geared towards the fearless women.
2. @KylaLive | The creator of Pink Proverb, an inspirational and lifestyle blog, has a very inviting feed. From real-life happenings to heartfelt reminders/quotes and a sprinkle of personal style, Kyla shares a plethora of enjoyable images. This is definitely an account to follow if you fancy that mix.
3. @Alex_Elle | I love a good word or quote and Alex provides just that through her intentional and minimal Instagram feed. Her transparency is refreshing, and her intention to inspire is always evident.
4. @FourOneOhBlog | I fell in love with this account after meeting Tia, the blogger behind Four One Oh!, this summer. Her images tell a story and you can tell that she’s very intentional with what she shares. From fashion, to food and events, Tia’s feed comes to life! Seeing some of her pictures make you wish you were there.
5. @SwitchPivotorQuit | Filled with encouraging business & lifestyle content, this Instagram feed is designed to support and encourage women. According to the SPQ website, the creator, Ahyiana Angel, creating an environment where others find encouragement as a result of her positive energy, skill, and fearless attitude is one of her proudest moments.
So tell me, who are some of your favorites to follow? Let me know!
Until tomorrow, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME
Newsletter // Instagram // Twitter // Facebook
Siobhan (BeFree Project) says
I love Alex Elle’s IG page, it’s so inspiring and refreshing. And of course I love #FearlessWomanIam. The other ladies are new to me so I’ll have to check them out. You inspired me to do a similar post to share some of my favs.
YES, her account is great! Can’t wait to read your list. 🙂
Marquita C. says
Now following everyone! lol
Marquita C. recently posted…How to Style a Sleeveless Jacket featuring eShakti
Awesome, Marquita! 🙂