For the past few years, mornings have become my favorite part of the day. I usually wake up between 5:45 and 6.45 during the week, depending on the day. I like to get my “me time” in while it’s quiet and still. One thing I look forward to the most each morning is journaling.
My gratitude journal focuses on gratitude and affirmations. Every day I jot down at least three things I’m grateful for, along with at least one affirmation. I’m no stranger to gratitude journaling, but writing daily affirmations is something new. I didn’t realize how powerful writing and speaking affirmations was until late last year. I’ve always known about the practice but, making it part of my daily routine allows me to move about my day in a more positive and confident manner.
Gratitude journaling allows me to dwell on my blessings. This practice grounds me and gives me a necessary wake-up call some days. I also believe gratitude journaling has increased my happiness. After I lost my son, it was difficult for me to find happiness within, let alone in my everyday life. Once I resumed daily gratitude journaling, my mood slowly began to shift to a much happier place.
Below are 11 gratitude journal prompts and 11 daily affirmations. I hope the journal prompts nudge you to begin your own daily gratitude practice, and I pray that you reap positive the benefits of speaking and writing daily affirmations.
11 Gratitude Journal Prompts
- What makes you happy to be alive?
- Write a thank you letter to someone.
- List 5 things you love about your home.
- What 3 songs always make you feel good?
- What about your job or career are you most grateful for?
- What do you love most about the neighborhood you live in?
- Name 5 new things you’ve learned within the last 5 months.
- List 10 things you have now that you didn’t have 5 years ago.
- Write about a time you experienced kindness from a stranger.
- Who are you most grateful for in your life at the moment and why?
- List 10 major life accomplishments that you’re proud to have achieved.
11 Daily Affirmations
- I am confident in my abilities.
- My body needs and deserves rest.
- My life will inspire and encourage others.
- I am a Queen and a descendant of royalty.
- God is love and His love for me is endless.
- I accept, appreciate, and approve of myself.
- I will not stress over the things I cannot control.
- I will not dim my light to make others comfortable
- I am doing my best and my best is good enough.
- My body is a temple and it deserves to be treated with love and respect.
- My life is beautiful and my future is filled with endless blessings and opportunities.
Leave a Reply