Well, we’ve made it to the end of yet another month. It seems like these past few months have come and gone like the wind, but I’m not complaining. Thankfully, I’ve had some really great moments and above all else, I’m grateful to be here to tell about it. That said, let’s get into my September 2020 recap:
3 Things I Learned in September
- What I give my energy to I give life to.
- The more I simplify my life, the happier I am and the more at peace I become.
- “Just because you didn’t ask for it doesn’t mean you can’t handle it.” – Steve Furtick
3 Things I Loved About September
- Having dinner with my mother
- Celebrating my grandmother’s 77th birthday
- Spending time with my in-laws in Delaware
- BONUS: A weekend staycation with hubby
3 Things I’m Looking Forward to in October
- Refreshing our Living Room
- Darrius and I have been wanting new seating for our living room for about a year now. Every few weeks we go back and forth about purchasing a new sofa, but we’ve finally decided to just refresh the space in other ways. I purchased some items to give the room a tiny makeover, and I’m really looking forward to seeing it all come together.
- Date Night
- Weekends used to be all about going to the movies for us. We also enjoyed an occasional weekday date night to a local restaurant. Obviously, times have changed. These days, our date nights are spent on our living room couch, binge-watching one of our favorite Hulu shows, or a new Netflix movie. While we both enjoy our time together, we miss being “out and about”. So, we’ve decided to (safely) venture out a bit this fall. Whether it’s an outdoor dining experience, a drive-in movie, or a weekend staycation, Darrius and I are looking forward to reigniting our beloved date nights.
- Starting a Family Scrapbook
- I love family photos and it’s a goal of mine to create a scrapbook that I can pass down to our children. I believe creating and capturing memories with loved ones is important. So, I look forward to creating a “visual journal” of memories that will be in our family for years and years to come.
I hope you were able to find pockets of happiness and moments of joy this month. Enjoy the last days of September while you can, and get ready to welcome a promising new month full of unexpected blessings.
Leave a Reply