In case you didn’t know, today is National Thrift Store Day 2015. Of course I had to share something thrift worthy, hence today’s (thrifted) outfit post. But I also wanted to share my favorite thrift stores here in Howard County, MD. I know many of you live in the DMV (DC/MD/VA) area so I hope this list is helpful. If you’re not from the area but find yourself here one day, be sure to check out the following thrift stores!
1. 2nd Avenue Village Thrift (Columbia, MD) This location is my go-to spot for just about any and everything! The staff is always friendly and familiar, the store is very well organized, no bad odor, and they have an amazing coat and purse section. I’ve been shopping here for years and they haven’t disappointed me yet! Location: 6515 Dobbin Road Columbia, MD 21045
2. 2nd Avenue Village Thrift (Laurel, MD) When I want some really unique jewelry pieces or hubby is looking for work shirts, we head here. It’s the same chain as the first, just a much larger selection and even more amazing finds. This location is great for housewares too! Location: 201 Fort Meade Rd. Laurel, MD 20707
3. Laurel Thrift (Laurel, MD) The store is a bit smaller than the first two locations, but their sections are plentiful. You have to really examine items very carefully while shopping here. Sometimes, like any thrift store, the items look to be in good condition but at a second glance there maybe a stain or missing button. If you’re up for the challenge, visit Laurel Thrift and I’m sure you will find something great (to keep or add to your vintage shop). My favorite thing about this location is the prices and sales. They have AMAZING price points and there’s a sale on a certain color every day of the week. Location: 9880 Washington Blvd N, Laurel, MD
4. Goodwill (Columbia, MD) I’m not really thrilled with the selection for plus size shoppers at this location, but when hubby or little sis wants to thrift this is where we go. The men’s section is decent; a lot of nice slacks and button ups. The regular size/junior sections are nice too. At any given day you can find GREAT deals from Mossimo, Style & Co. and Old Navy just to name a few. Location: 9097 Snowden River Pkwy, Columbia, MD 21046
5. Savers (Owings Mills) This location is not in Howard County BUT it’s close enough, and the store is AMAZING! I ventured here last month and I think this location has become one of my favorites for books, housewares, and plus size garments. The store is brand new so it’s organized, clean, and the staffers are all very pleasant. The prices are moderate, but I don’t mind spending a little more if need be because the quality of items here is exceptional. Check out my thrift haul video (above) and see what goodies I purchased from here last month! Location: 9800 Reisterstown Rd. Owings Mills, MD
So tell me, will you be thrift shopping anytime soon? Let me know!
Thanks for stopping by and until tomorrow, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME