Another week means another Personal Style Monday linkup! I hope you’ve all had a great weekend. Mine wasn’t that busy. There were no events, no pressing deadlines…it was really nice. I was actually able to plan and lay out my outfits for the upcoming work week. I mean how many Monday’s, or days in general, do you wake up wondering “what to wear to work?” I do all too often. So planning ahead this weekend was a dream come true! Take a look at 5 items on my What to Wear to Work List and you’ll see why this outfit is work-wear appropriate.
1. A Pair of Black Slacks. These pants are SO comfortable, thanks to the expandable waist and the stretch material. I usually wear them twice a week – usually Monday and Thursday (after I properly Fabreeze and throw them in the dryer with a dryer sheet). But the most important reason these pants are work-wear perfect is because they’re machine washable.
2. Cardigan, Blazer or Lightweight Jacket. Depending on your work environment, the temperatures vary. In my office, I sometimes get a bit chilly so I usually carry or wear a lightweight jacket or cardigan. Another thing you can do is leave a cardigan at work. I keep forgetting to do that, lol.
3. Sensible Heels. For me, kitten heels and comfortable flats are work wear essentials. I love a good heel and a nice wedge but while at work, I choose to be stylish and sensible.
4. Minimal Jewelry. As a jewelry lover, wearing minimal jewelry can be challenging. I LOVE showing off and wearing great pieces and piling on bracelets and rings. But for work, I stick to simple pieces – studs, medium size hoops, a watch and one (or two) bracelets. Sometimes I’ll add a ring or a necklace but nothing too gaudy.
5. A Medium or Large Size Handbag (or Tote). When I’m not carrying my work bag, I opt for a larger purse. There are days when I carry papers or folders home from work. Having a something to carry it all in, that also fits my wallet and cosmetic bag inside, is important.
Speaking of “What to Wear to Work“, check out one of my favorite looks from last weeks linkup! I really love Cookie’s look – her jumpsuit is fantastic and the floral blazer was a perfect touch! This effortless look is also perfect for springtime! Be sure to stop by her blog, Takei Inspirations, and say hi!
So tell me – what are some items on your “What to Wear to Work” list? Does your 9-5 call for pumps, flats or sensible heels? Let me know!
That’s all for now! Until tomorrow, be blessed & be safe…XO!