Lately I’ve had some really inspiring conversations with some pretty amazing people. Most of whom I speak to on a daily basis, but then others I rarely converse with (except via-social media). These conversations have inspired today’s post. Looking at the title, 10 things I wish I knew 10 years ago, I’m sure you can relate. We all have (at least) 10 things we wish we knew 10 years ago, right? I mean looking back to 10 years ago, I was a 17-year-old aspiring journalist who was out of this world excited about heading to college with my best friend on a soccer scholarship. I was carefree, exuberant, and thought I had all the answers – I was ready for the world! At 27, I do miss somethings about being 17 but for the most part, I wouldn’t want to go back and relive those days. I would however tell myself these 10 things…
1. Mommy & Dad are right. 99% of the time, they’re right. Just listen…and thank yourself later.
2. When people show you who they are, believe them. Maya Angelou said it best and boy is this true! Knowing this will save you a lot of time and energy.
3. Enjoy the moment. Life goes by way to fast. Take time to enjoy and cherish life’s simple moments because you can’t get them back.
4. You get what you pay for. Taking the easy or cheap road isn’t worth it. You’ll end up spending even more time and even more money fixing your mistake(s).
5. Try new things. Be open to new foods, travel destinations, experiences, etc. Don’t be so quick to write something off. Give it a try; you might like actually like it!
6. Say no. Sometimes you have to say no to certain things. Accept the fact that you can’t do everything you want. That’s life.
7. Don’t be afraid to fail. Failure is proof that you’re trying. You may fail before you succeed, but that’s not a reason to give up. Failure builds character.
8. Friends are there for a reason and a season. Understand that everyone who comes in your life isn’t meant to be there for a lifetime. There are a few friends who will be there ’til the end but meeting new people and finding new friends is natural. It means your evolving.
9. Appreciate good friends. Those few friends from #9 who you know will be there til’ the end, appreciate them. Life is short and a few good friends will help you through just about anything.
10. It’s never too late to become the person you were meant to be. Don’t set a deadline on figuring out who you are. It will take time, but don’t worry – you’ll figure it out.
So tell me, what do you know now that you wish you knew 10 years ago? Is there something on my list that you agree with? Let me know!
As always, thank you for reading and feel free to leave your comments below, or even tweet them to me! Until next time, be blessed & stay safe…XO!
Keep Up With Me