As I mentioned in this post, I’ve been a beauty/product junkie for years! I love trying new products, but there are a few things I don’t stray from. Those are the Items in My Makeup Bag. I’ve carried a makeup/cosmetic bag since 5th grade, thanks to an unexpected “female incident” that surprised me at 10-years-old. You can read more on that here, but back to my makeup bag goodies. Here are the 11 items you can always find in there.
1. Hand Sanitizer | I’m constantly on the go, which usually means I’m eating on the go. Because of that, and the many nasty germs floating around, I carry a smell good hand sanatizer with me at all times. Before every meal, after every sneeze or blown nose, I whip it out. It’s a must!
2. Gum | I always seem to be talking to someone when I’m out. Keeping my breath fresh is imperative, so a pack of gum can always be found in my makeup bag.
3. Tissue | I have seasonal allergies, EVERY SEASON. So it’s obviously necessary have a pack of tissue on deck. If it’s a bad allergy day beware; I’ll can literally sneeze 100 times in 24-hours. #Fact
4. Vaseline | Lips must stay popping and hands cannot be ashy. I use my mini container as a back up lipgloss and I always base my hands with vaseline before I put on lotion. No ashy lips and hands on my watch!
5. Lotion | Again, no ashy hands. A nice smelling lotion that keeps those hands silky smooth is the way to go.
6. Visine | Those allergies are NO JOKE. Therefore I carry a Visine with me at all times, just in case my eyes start itching or they turn red from grass, pollen or dust.
7. Facial Spray | My Mom calls me a hotbox, lol. I’m always “glistening” (sweating) while I’m out and I’ve found that the Evian facial spray is a lifesaver! 2 quick spritzes leave me instantly cool and refreshed.
8. Business Card Holder | You never know who you’ll run into, so of course I have my business card holder and cards on hand at all times. Networking never stops.
9. Foundation | I’m not a big makeup wearer, but on occasion I do like to put on a light layer of foundation. It smooths my skin, helps evens out my complexion and makes me look a bit more polished when I have somewhere to go.
10. Mascara | A quick mascara application does wonder for the eyes! It’s the perfect way to make those eyes pop and look, well, “on fleek”. Gosh, I hate that term, but it IS necessary to say at times.
11. Nude Lip Gloss | Nude lip gloss is a lifesaver. I don’t wear lipstick that much, but I do like to have a little shine on my lips, especially for an event or date night. A nude lip gloss will give you the instant shine you need and because it’s nude, the color goes with anything!
So tell me, what do you think about the items in my makeup bag? What’s in yours? Let me know!
Thanks for reading and be sure to share you makeup bag must haves with me below! Also, my Personal Style Linkup is still live. Feel free to join the party and add your latest outfit to the linkup. Until tomorrow, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME