Spring 2018 is clearly taking it’s sweet time to make it’s way to the East Coast. I can deal with April showers, but April snowstorms and bone-chilling temperatures in the evenings? I’ll pass. Thankfully we’ve been able to enjoy a few spring-like days over the past few weeks, but I’m definitely yearning for consistent spring weather. In the meantime, I’m still pairing some of my winter items with a few spring accessories.
See Also: 3 Winter Accessories to Keep in Your Closet this Spring
Today’s casual outfit is a prime example of styling both winter and spring items. The mules and the ankle length ripped jeans were on reserve for springtime, and the sweater and oversized scarf are leftovers from the winter. Adding my black turban was chich choice, although, in reality, it’s covering my freshly washed and blown out hair which is patiently waiting to be braided or cornrowed.
While I wait for Spring to arrive, and for my hair to be braided, I’ve still managed to be productive. I decided that despite the confused weather, Spring Cleaning must still be done. We often think about cleaning our homes during the spring, but what about our email inboxes, social media accounts, and even our minds and bodies? Don’t they deserve to be refreshed as well? Read ahead to find out 3 quick and easy tips to help you “Spring Clean” more than just the rooms in your house.
- Clear Your Inbox
- Set aside 30-45 minutes to go through your email inbox. Reply to, archive or trash any messages that have been sitting in your inbox for the last 30 days. Also, go through and unsubscribe from any retailer or mailing list that no longer interests you. Hint: If you haven’t shopped at the store in the last 9-12 months, you don’t need to be on their mailing list. Period.
- Get Moving
- Dust off your walking shoes, yoga mats, and sports bras. It’s time to GET MOVING! Spring is the perfect time to start a workout/healthy living routine. Find a local park and start walking at least twice a week for 20-30 minutes. Don’t feel like walking? Download the Nike+ Training App and try a few 15-minute workout routines. Start by doing this 2 times a week, right in the comfort of your own home. It doesn’t have to be drastic; just find a way to move your body.
- Delete, Unfollow & Unfriend
- Clean up those friend lists. We all have those “friends” on our social media feeds who always post something inappropriate, annoying or downright ignorant. We roll our eyes, complain and keep scrolling to the next status. No more! It’s time to go through your friend list on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Unfollow or delete where you see fit.
So tell me, are you wearing some of your winter items this season? Also, what are some areas in your life that may need some Spring Cleaning? Let me know!
Thanks, as always, for reading and commenting and until next time, be blessed and stay safe.
Love & light…xo!
KEEP UP WITH ME
Newsletter // Instagram // Twitter // Facebook
* Linkups: Visible Monday, Trend Spin, Style Me Wednesday, FabulousFriday *
*THIS POST DOES INCLUDE AFFILIATE LINKS*
Fashion Schlub says
Ha ha, I’m still wearing ALL my winter items! I just did a closet clean out last night and this morning I grabbed one of the removed cardigans to wear to work because it’s just so dreary and cold still!
Love the leopard scarf with the grey sweater, you look great!
Glad to see I’m not the only one, lol! Thanks for stopping by, Bettye!
Oh to Be a Muse says
Delete, unfollow, unfriend — yes, I’ve been doing some of that since spring started. And I always keep my inbox clean because it would drive me crazy otherwise. I could never be one of those people with hundreds of unread messages. I’d pull my hair out, lol. Also, digging your mules!
Oh to Be a Muse recently posted…Movie Reviews: See or Skip
LOL! Same here. A clean inbox is a MUST for me. And thanks for the compliment on the mules! They’re so comfy!
Amy Arnold says
Loving that scarf! Great tips for a spring clean. I usually think of it just with the house, but I like these ides.
Straight A Style
Thanks, Amy! Glad you enjoyed reading. 🙂
Cheryl Shops says
I absolutely love your turban—I’m totally going to get one for when I’m having a bad hair day! Thanks for linking up at Fabulous Friday last week—I’m cohosting with Jennie this week and we’d love to have you back. Please stop by (if you haven’t already)!
Cheryl Shops | http://www.cherylshops.net
Thank you! Yea, this turban has been a lifesaver. I have one in brown and leopard print too!
I cannot tell you how pertinent point number 3 is in my life at the moment, Whitney! Spring cleaning time is not only the perfect time to clean your home and wardrobe, but also your life. Thanks so much!
Filip recently posted…Best Cleaner for RV Awning – Buyers Guide