I attended the Washington Auto Show back in January and as you can imagine, I saw and sat inside of several large, mid-size, small and luxury cars. However, the car that stuck out to me the most was the Genesis. After sitting inside of and learning more about the Genesis G80 and the Genesis G90, I was in awe of one of the newest luxury vehicles on the market. I secretly wished that one day I’d be able to test drive one of the cars and to my surprise, my wish came true! A few weeks back, I test drove the 2017 Genesis G80 for a week. The experience was nothing short of amazing.
At first glance, the Himalayan Gray 4-door 5 passenger luxury mid-size vehicle was absolutely stunning. Sleek and polished in design, I was already sold! Once inside the swooning continued. To say the interior is spacious would be an understatement. There is plenty of legroom for the driver, front seat passenger, and backseat passengers. The plush flooring, full-grain leather seats, and chic technology settings were extremely impressive. Below are several other key features.
– 9.2-inch HD Touchscreen Display with Split Screen (ability to check navigation & audio at the same time)
– Integrated Memory System for Driver Seat, Exterior Mirrors, Steering Wheel, etc.
– AM/FM/SiriusXM Radio, HD Radio™, Bluetooth® Connection & Calling
– 9 Airbag System (dual front, front & rear sides, driver’s knee & curtain)
– Panoramic Sunroof & Power Sunshades for Back Seat
– Full-Grain Seats with 3 Levels of Heating & Cooling
– Lane Keep Assist (detects lane departure)
– Automatic Emergency Braking
– Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
– Hands-free Smart Trunk
– Automatic High Beams
– Blind Spot Detection
* Price Starts at $54,550
While driving the Genesis G80 back and for to work, as well as back and forth to Dover, Delaware, I felt extremely secure. The lane departure and blind spot features made me feel even safer. I was also impressed with the traffic alerts and navigation system. Not once did I have an issue with directions while driving. When my husband wasn’t being lulled to sleep by the smooth ride, he and I enjoyed the crisp surround-sound system. We even got a chance to test the panoramic sunroof, thanks to good weather.
So tell me, what do you think about the 2017 Genesis G80? Does it look like a vehicle you would drive? Let me know!
If you ever get a chance to test drive the Genesis G80, do so. Especially if you’re in the market for a luxury mid-size vehicle. This one will wow you, I’m sure of it! Thanks for reading and until next time, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME
* Drive Shop USA provided me with this vehicle to test drive. All opinions are my own. *