I challenged myself this week to style 1 dress 3 ways. I had a lot of fun coming up with different looks and more importantly, this challenge taught me how to make the most of my wardrobe. Which brings me to today’s topic of how to maximize your wardrobe. Let’s take a look at the 5 things I learned from this style challenge.
1. Cute sneakers are a great investment. I’ve been a fan of sneakers for years. As I got older and entered the workforce, my purchasing habits changed and I started buying more flats and comfy heels.Wearing the sneakers and dresses trend was a great reminder that sneakers still have my heart. Maybe it’s the athlete in me or maybe it’s the comfort I feel when prancing around in them. Whatever the case, I think it’s time to invest in a few pair of stylish and reasonably priced sneakers or cute canvas shoes (thanks Glenda). I can definitely see myself putting them to use year round.
2. A pair of nude shoes can take you a long way. I’ve worn my Tahari heels several times over the past few weeks. When thinking about how to maximize your wardrobe, I strongly suggest purchasing a pair of nudes. They go with any and every color or print.
3. My jewelry hoarding may not be a bad thing after all. Lol, yes…I have a lot of jewelry and if you let my hubby tell it, I’m a jewelry hoarder. I mean I DO have trouble parting ways with pieces I’ve had for a while, but for this challenge it worked to my advantage. 😉 Just imagine how many different ways a black dress can be styled if you mix up the jewelry! Having a plethora of jewelry to pick from comes in handy when trying to maximize your wardrobe.
4. Invest in affordable handbags. If your wondering where to look for affordable handbags I suggest visiting your neighborhood thrift store. If you’re trying to maximize your wardrobe, you can still have fun with your accessories. During my style challenge, I wore 3 different handbags to give the (same) dress a different look. While none of them were thrifted, I do have plenty of thrifted purses that could’ve substituted any purse pictured above. You can also shop at stores like Marshall’s and TJ Maxx. Their selection is vast and quite affordable.
5. Be open minded. When maximizing your wardrobe, being open minded is key. At first glance, the dress I styled is very busy and some may think it could only be worn one way. Having an open mind one can see the styling possibilities for this dress are endless! Don’t just stick with blacks and other basic colors; have fun and purchase dresses with prints and bright colors. They can easily be toned down with the right accessories. 😉
So tell me, which look is your favorite? Do you have any tips on how to maximize your wardrobe? Let me know!
If you’d like to see me do another style challenge like this, drop me a message below! I’m open to suggestions. 🙂 I hope you’ve all had a GREAT week! Enjoy the weekend and I’ll be back Monday. Until then, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
Keep Up With Me