If you follow me on Instagram then you know at least 2-3 mornings out of the week, I’m headed out the door for a 5 or 6 AM workout. Waking up extra early is NOT something I particularly look forward to, but the benefits of working out are paying off big time. Before heading out, I usually grab a banana and a bottle of water for my husband and me for the car ride. My gym bag stays in the trunk throughout the week, so I don’t have to worry about lugging that back and forth.
See Also: Life Updated + Word of the Year
Keeping a gym bag in the car, or carrying one, is something I haven’t always done. However, now that working out has become part of my lifestyle, a fully loaded gym bag is a must-have. Read ahead to find out what 7 things I always keep in my gym bag.
- Water Bottle
- staying hydrated before, during and after workouts is crucial, so be sure to keep a water bottle in your gym bag
- NOTE: you can also keep an empty water bottle in the car and fill it up once you get to the gym if your gym has that option
- keep your face blemish and sweat free after a workout by keeping a pack face wipes in your gym bag at all times; my favorites are the Burt’s Bees Sensitive Facial Wipes
- NOTE: if you keep your gym bag in the car, don’t leave your wipes in your bag because they may dry out
- Gum or Altoids
- during workouts, your mouth has a tendency to get try so be sure to pop a mint or piece of gum in your mouth before you start; you’ll thank me later
- Workout Gloves
- protect your hands with workout gloves when lifting weights, or doing floor exercises like pushups or planks; I purchased these and I LOVE them
- Lip Balm
- just because you’re working out doesn’t mean you’re lipgloss can’t be poppin’, so be sure to have Blistex or Chapstick on deck
- Extra T-Shirt
- just in case you have to run a quick errand after a workout, it’s always smart to have an extra t-shirt in your bag
- before you put on that extra t-shirt to run some errands, make sure to freshen up by adding some more deodorant
So tell me, what do you always keep in your gym bag? Let me know below!
Thanks, as always, for reading and commenting and until next time, be blessed and stay safe.
Love & light…xo!