I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Darrius and I enjoyed our time celebrating the holiday with his family in Delaware and now, we’re back in Maryland gearing up for a quiet and relaxing holiday weekend. But before I start my weekend, I want to leave you with 7 simple things to be thankful for every day.
Related: 5 Ways to Practice Gratitude + 5 Scriptures on Gratefulness
1. Family, friends & loved ones. | When all is said and done, family is all you have. It’s truly a blessing to have people who support, uplift, pray for and even lovingly correct you. Blood relatives, in-laws, friends who have become like family…be thankful for them all, every day.
2. Clean water. | Having clean drinking water is something I’ve taken for granted for years. However this year, thanks to our dear friends Rich & Erika Akwo, I’ve realized how bless we are to have access to clean water. I’m thankful to have clean water to cook with, shower in and to drink. From the water crisis in Flint, Michigan to the water crisis in Cameroon, I have a new found appreciate for something as simple as clean water. For more information on how you can help provide clean water to those in Cameroon, read more here.
3. Pets. | Although we don’t have any pets just yet, I have several friends and family members who do. I’ve seen firsthand how having a pet can bring so much joy to one’s home. That’s definitely something to be thankful for!
4. Your gifts & talents. | I’m not sure about you, but there have been times when I’ve taken my gifts and talents for granted. Now that I’m more aware of what they are, I try to use them to inspire and uplift others as often as possible.
5. The internet. | Being able to connect with family and friends whenever you want, because of the internet, is definitely something simple to be thankful for. Being able to know what’s going on in the world, thanks to social media, without having to wait for the local news report is priceless!
6. Music. | Music has the power to uplift, comfort, bring people together and do so much more! For that, I am thankful.
7. Your ability to read this post. | Being able to read this post means that you’re alert, capable and above all, it means that you are ALIVE.
So tell me, what are some simple things that you can be thankful for everyday? Let me know!
Thanks for reading and I can’t wait to read your responses. Until next time, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME
Instagram // Twitter // Snapchat // Facebook // Newsletter