The other day, I looked back at my very 1st blog post from March 2011 and instantly realized that I’d grown so much as a blogger. I actually leave my old blog published because from time to time, I look back at where I started as motivation. Especially on days when I’m not feeling it. That said, I want to share 10 things I’ve learned about blogging. Maybe you’re thinking about blogging but unsure of “what it takes”. Or maybe you’re already a blogger and you find yourself at a fork in the road, unsure if you want to continue blogging or not. Whatever the case, I invite you to check out this post. In one way or another, I hope it helps. 🙂
1. Stay True – Regardless of what’s “popular” or “trendy”, blog about what you know and what you’re passionate about.
2. Be Consistent – You don’t have to blog every day but, have some kind of blogging schedule so your readers know when to expect your posts.
3. Connect – Do your best to respond to blog comments and questions. When a blogger responds to my comments, it shows me that she/he actually cares that I visited their site.
4. Network – Attend as many conferences, meetups, etc. that you can afford. This keeps you up-to-date on the latest blog trends and it keeps you motivated.
5. Be Nice – It’s a small world, but an even smaller blogging world. Word travels fast so, be careful how you “act” online and in person.
6. Plan Ahead – This is something I’ve gotten better at, but I’m still working on it. Planning your blog posts and social media posts saves so much time. Especially if you have a life outside of blogging.
7. Work Together – Working with other bloggers is a great way to introduce yourself to a new audience. Find another blogger that shares your interests and figure out a way to team up!
8. Learn to DIY– When it comes to the blog itself, a lot of blog tweaks and changes can be done by you, the blogger. You don’t have to hire someone to do every little thing for you. If you’re investing in your blog, why not learn a thing or two about how to run a blog?
9. Trial & Error – Try posting at different times for a few weeks and pay attention to which time brings more traffic. You can also do this for your social media sites too!
10. Have Fun & Keep Going – For me, blogging is fun. I love to write, meet new people and connect with readers so it’s a perfect match! 😉 Also, don’t get discouraged because you “only have a little bit of followers”. Followers will come and even if they don’t, remember why you started in the 1st place.
So tell me, what are somethings you’ve learned about blogging? Let me know!
I hope you’ve found this post helpful. As always, thanks for reading! Until next time, be blessed and stay safe.
KEEP UP WITH ME