My husband and I are on the road at least two weekends a month. Often, we’re road tripping to Delaware to visit Darrius’ side of the family. That’s exactly where we were this weekend; we had a great time! Our niece graduated from high school Saturday, so of course, we were front and center, cheering her on and showing our support. Without hesitation, we loaded up the 2015 Kia Optima SX, as well as our road trip essentials.
A reliable and safe car is the #1 must-have when traveling on a road trip. This Remington Red Kia was just that! One of my favorite features was the rear-view camera; it’s beneficial when parking and backing out of a parking space. The power-folding outside mirrors also came in handy while traveling. The mirrors alert you by blinking and making a faint beeping sound to tell you when it’s safe to make a move. This feature is one I’d like to see in all cars; it’s so necessary!
Another remarkable feature is the Infinity sound system. Cruising with music while road tripping is a must, and the sound system in the 2015 Optima is on point! From my homemade mix CD’s to the radio to Sirus XM, hubby and I grooved the entire time. The sound pouring from the speakers is crisp, and I could even listen to my iPhone playlists through the speakers.
Aside from a safe and reliable car and good music, here are my five must-have road trip essentials:
1. Sunglasses | When traveling, sunnies need to be on deck, especially during the summer months. Sun visors in the car can help, but wearing sunnies is better and much more stylish.
2. Hand Sanitizer | Eating and snacking on the road is a must, so be sure to pack some hand sanitizer (or wet wipes) to keep those hands nice and clean. The mini ones are great to keep in your glove compartment!
3. Phone Charger(s) | Separate phone chargers, yes, please! There’s nothing worse than your phone dying while traveling—pack at least two phone chargers, as well as an extra wall charger piece. If you have a portable charger, throw that in the bag too. Charging your phone, iPod, and other electronic devices is a must. You can never be too prepared, so pack extras!
4. Cash and Coins | If you don’t have an EZ-Pass, you need change for the tolls. Carrying $1 bills, a few $5’s and $10’s is always a good idea. Also, bring a couple of quarters and some other silver coins too. If you stop at a gas station for gas or snacks, it’s always better to pay with cash. Keep the transactions simple and quick.
5. Feminine Products | Every woman should have a few extra feminine care products to take on a road trip. You never know when you may need them, trust me.
So tell me, what are your road trip essentials? Have you ever driven a Kia? Let me know!
Thanks for reading and until next time, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME
Instagram // Twitter // Facebook // Newsletter
* Drive Shop USA provided me with this vehicle to test drive. All opinions are my own. *
Great tips and the Kia Optima looks like a cool ride!! We’re headed out on a road trip this summer and I agree with you on the essentials. We have kids so bringing along things to keep them entertained is also critical! Helps minimize the “are we there yet?” moments. Enjoy your summer and safe travels!
Thanks, Tracie! And yes to those items to keep the little ones busy. 😉 Hope you have a great summer too!
Excellent tips! Especially the hand sanitizer and Coins. Looks like a lot of fun was in store! #BLMGirls
Nicole recently posted…Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa Oman Hotel Review
Thank you, Nicole! Always keep those coins! 😉
My favorite road trip item is between a root beer (not just any root beer, but Barq’s) or sunflower seeds and music! I am in mid-car shopping so I may be looking at a Kia. Thanks for sharing #BLMGirl
Starkey recently posted…10 Fun Cheap Things to do this Summer
Ah, yes. I am a fan of root bear so I like that addition! 😉
Awesome post! Such a great experience.
ADRIENNE recently posted…Switch It Up: Beach Wear
Great post! I see you were up there listening to that Rich Homie Quan. LOL!!! My road trip essentials are definitely good music, snacks and magazines.
LOL, gotta love Rich Homie! 😉
Adorable car, and lovely features. I am loving your tips and yes back up phone charger wires are a must all the time. Thanks for linking up to “Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me”
Rachel recently posted…How I Styled It link up: Basic Tees
Very affordable and I really had a hard time give it up. Lol! Thanks for reading!
Oh to Be a Muse says
The hubs used to drive a Hyundai, which I believe is part of the Kia family. Both cars have really come a long way!
Oh to Be a Muse recently posted…Gold Accents
YES! They’re sister companies, and I’m actually testing a Hyundai this week Really great car(s)!
I’ve been enjoying your road trip photos through Instagram! The KIA Optima looks pretty cool. I have a Toyota Camry and love the rear-view mirror feature. Love it!!
Great tips on road trips! I’ve been planning on taking a road trip and will definitely have these essentials on deck.
Rachel recently posted…Stop and Stare.
I’ve never driven a Kia before but I’d like to! I remember when they first debuted as a company and their vehicles have come a long way since then! #blmgirl
Rashida recently posted…Review: Crystal Light PURE On The Go