I get it, trust me I do. However, I still enjoy scrolling and double tapping through my favorite feeds, and I’m quickly becoming a huge fan of Instastories. I believe the Instastories feature has revived Instagram. While the new feature has allowed me to engage with my audience more, there are a few things I’ve noticed that have helped increase my visibility. Continue reading to find out 5 ways you can increase your visibility on Instagram (at the moment). I would say in 2018, but we all know there’s a strong possibility things may change. But for now, the tips below will definitely help.
- Be honest and transparent with your audience
- think of Instagram as a way to visually tell a story
- make sure your story is relatable, authentic, and true to you/or your brand
- Engage with your audience
- ask a question at the end of certain posts to spark a conversation (be sure to respond back)
- make your caption a “short story” to increase the chances of receiving genuine feedback
- Engage with fellow creatives within your niche
- genuinely comment on their posts (and they just might follow you back)
- respond to their questions
- share and tag their Instagram handles with your audience
- Tag the brands of the products you post
- shout out your favorite brands when posting about them (you never know who’s watching or reading)
- ask your audience their thoughts on the products you share (be sure to respond back)
- ask your audience to share some of their favorite products from that particular brand
- Get familiar with the Instastories feature
- ask poll questions to get your audience involved
- share bits and pieces of your everyday life
- share behind the scenes of your brand/or job
- go Live by yourself or with someone else
- tag bands when sharing products
As far as the aesthetics of your Instagram feed, I’m a big fan of theme based feeds. I find these accounts more visually appealing. As a content creator who has their own Instagram theme, I will say this makes coming up with content less stressful. Not only do you have an idea of what to post next, but you’re audience also knows what to look forward to. I call my Instagram theme IPL: Inspiration (quote or scripture), Personal Style (outfit post), and Lifestyle (food, family, products, etc.).
So tell me, what do you think about Instagram? Do you find any of these tips helpful? Let me know!
I plan to share more social media content in 2018, so feel free to let me know what you’d like to read about! As always, thanks for reading and commenting and until next time, be blessed and stay safe.
Love & light…xo!
KEEP UP WITH ME