I’m a firm believer that every now and then, detoxing your life (in some way) is necessary. It’s no surprise this topic has been on my mind for a while. Every year around this time, I find myself reflecting a bit more and focusing on positive change. As I approach 28, my goal is to continue living a happy and healthy life, as well as (gradually) adapting a more simple lifestyle. Detoxing your life is a sure way to ensure such lifestyle. Check out 7 easy ways to detox your life.
1. Pray. Before I make any changes in my life, I pray about it. Praying for guidance and clarity while detoxing your life will help keep you on the right track during this process.
2. Clear out clutter. This is something I’m in the process of doing. From your closet to the kitchen cabinets to your garage – whatever you’re not using, throw it out! If it’s old clothes, donate them to the Goodwill or Salvation Army. If it’s canned food, donate to a food pantry. Junk in the garage? Call a junk trunk to come haul it out. Clear out the clutter and prepare for a fresh start.
3. Edit Your Surroundings (borrowed from this post) – Sometimes the reason we’re stuck in neutral or even reverse is due to the company we keep. When you succeed, not everyone is happy about that. Be careful of the company you keep and be careful who you share things with. I’m a firm believer in energy and some people know how to suck all the good energy out of you. You do not need people like that rallying behind you. Pray for positive people to enter into your life and embrace their positive energy. Their way of thinking or habits may be a good influence on you.
5. Unplug. Not having your cell phone within arms reach may cause some to go into a state of shock, I get it. But I believe it’s a necessary step if you’re trying to detox your life. Whatever picture you want to like, upload, retweet or regram will be there tomorrow. Just take a break from the phone and social media for a while and enjoy your surroundings. Become more present and connected with the people around you like your spouse, family and friends.
6. Keep it to yourself. What did we do before social media sharing? We kept things to ourselves and enjoyed life’s moments with those who were there with us. If you really want to share certain moments, like vacations and special date nights, snap a pic and share it later. While you’re in the moment, be in that moment. Enjoy yourself and the people around you.
7. Move your body. Become more active by taking a walk, a jog, signing up for a yoga class…just something that gets you up and moving! Moving and doing certain activities gives you energy and makes you feel alive.
So tell me, what are some ways you detox your life? Let me know!
As always, thanks for reading. Your comments and feedback are awesome, so be sure to share your detox tips with me! Until tomorrow, be blessed and stay safe!