Of all the social media platforms, Instagram and Snapchat are my absolute favorites! As I’ve said many times before I’m a very visual person, so it makes sense that these are two of my favorite apps. To be honest, I was late to the Snapchat party. It wasn’t until my 13-year-old sister gave me an intense lesson that I began to consider joining. Once I read Gorgeous in Grey’s comprehensive how-to use Snapchat guide for adults, I was sold. I downloaded the app and haven’t looked back since! So of course, I’m going to do my best to convince you to hop on the bandwagon. Here are 5 Reasons You Should Use Snapchat!
1. Show the Real You | I love this app because it’s a great way to show people “the real you.” Sharing snippets of your day allows an instant behind the scenes look at what your days are really like. We live in an world where seeing how others live their lives is interesting to us. We also enjoy sharing (some of those) moments with others. Well, at least that interests, sort of. For that reason Snapchat is a must!
2. Inspire & Uplift | Snapchat is another platform where you can inspire and uplift others through your verbal messages, snaps (pictures) and quotes. Yes, you can type messages on the pictures you upload. It’s a great way to share positive messages, rants, or even songs with your followers. As with any platform, I believe you should be careful what messages you’re sending out into the social media universe. What you share says a lot about what you stand for and what you believe in.
3. Promote Yourself | Have something to sell? An event you want people to attend? A product you want us to try? Snapchat is a great way to share and promote that! Many companies don’t use Snapchat the correct way, in my opinion, but I think it’s a genius way to promote and market your brand/or product. You have a captive audience, so what better way to promote your blog, product, event or services using yet another social media outlet?
4. Get Instant Feedback | I love being able to interact with friends, readers and others. Snapchat makes it so easy to do so! You can comment/reply to a persons snap, as long as they have that option available. Most Snapchat users, at least the ones I follow, do have this feature available. It’s a great way to get instant feedback about an idea, product or question you may have. Don’t have any feedback to give? You can simply start a conversation or let the person know you like whatever they’ve shared!
5. Follow Your Favorite Celebs & Brands | Since I was young I’ve had an interest in knowing the in’s and out’s of certain celebrities. Questions like what do they eat for dinner or what products do they use everyday always seemed to run through my mind. As far as brands, I’ve always been fascinated with the behind the scenes process of how things are created, made, etc. The celebrities and brands I choose to follow answer those questions, and much more! Just another reason why you should use Snapchat, just saying.
So tell me, are you on Snapchat? If so, what are your thoughts about this social media outlet? Let me know!
Thanks for reading and be sure to follow me on Snapchat (here), if you’d like. Until next time, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME
Instagram // Twitter // Snapchat // Facebook // Newsletter
I love snapchat for being able to see a person’s real personality. Some people I loved after reading their blog or following them on IG and then once I saw them on Snap I liked them a little less and vice versa. Snap really does allow you to see a person’s personality and antics a lot better than you would see on other social media platforms.
Yaya recently posted…15 of My Favorite Feelings
Indeed! You really get to know people, lol!
Oh to Be a Muse says
My main reason for using Snapchat is definitely #1 — just love how great it is for showing the real you. I like it for brand stuff some times, too.
Oh to Be a Muse recently posted…What I’m Loving February 2016
Yes, there’s nothing like showing the real you. Love your snaps, BTW! 🙂
Style & Poise says
You already know I agree with everything in this post. I LOVE Snapchat for the same reasons as you. I love having the ability to put a “real personality” to people(bloggers/celebrities) that I’ve been supporting/following for years. It has it’s pro’s and cons for sure, as mentioned above but the good definitely outweighs the bad. I love how personal it is and I find myself truly getting to know people a lot better and engaging a lot more through snapchat than I do with my other social media app’s. I’m TEAM SNAPCHAT, all day! 🙂
Style & Poise recently posted…Polka Dots Galore
I LOVE Snapchat! Interacting is the best and I agree, it allows you to really see “the real person”. Sometimes that can be a bad thing tho, LOL!