Of all the social media platforms, Instagram and Snapchat are my absolute favorites! As I’ve said many times before I’m a very visual person, so it makes sense that these are two of my favorite apps. To be honest, I was late to the Snapchat party. It wasn’t until my 13-year-old sister gave me an intense lesson that I began to consider joining. Once I read Gorgeous in Grey’s comprehensive how-to use Snapchat guide for adults, I was sold. I downloaded the app and haven’t looked back since! So of course, I’m going to do my best to convince you to hop on the bandwagon. Here are 5 Reasons You Should Use Snapchat!
1. Show the Real You | I love this app because it’s a great way to show people “the real you.” Sharing snippets of your day allows an instant behind the scenes look at what your days are really like. We live in an world where seeing how others live their lives is interesting to us. We also enjoy sharing (some of those) moments with others. Well, at least that interests, sort of. For that reason Snapchat is a must!
2. Inspire & Uplift | Snapchat is another platform where you can inspire and uplift others through your verbal messages, snaps (pictures) and quotes. Yes, you can type messages on the pictures you upload. It’s a great way to share positive messages, rants, or even songs with your followers. As with any platform, I believe you should be careful what messages you’re sending out into the social media universe. What you share says a lot about what you stand for and what you believe in.
3. Promote Yourself | Have something to sell? An event you want people to attend? A product you want us to try? Snapchat is a great way to share and promote that! Many companies don’t use Snapchat the correct way, in my opinion, but I think it’s a genius way to promote and market your brand/or product. You have a captive audience, so what better way to promote your blog, product, event or services using yet another social media outlet?
4. Get Instant Feedback | I love being able to interact with friends, readers and others. Snapchat makes it so easy to do so! You can comment/reply to a persons snap, as long as they have that option available. Most Snapchat users, at least the ones I follow, do have this feature available. It’s a great way to get instant feedback about an idea, product or question you may have. Don’t have any feedback to give? You can simply start a conversation or let the person know you like whatever they’ve shared!
5. Follow Your Favorite Celebs & Brands | Since I was young I’ve had an interest in knowing the in’s and out’s of certain celebrities. Questions like what do they eat for dinner or what products do they use everyday always seemed to run through my mind. As far as brands, I’ve always been fascinated with the behind the scenes process of how things are created, made, etc. The celebrities and brands I choose to follow answer those questions, and much more! Just another reason why you should use Snapchat, just saying.
So tell me, are you on Snapchat? If so, what are your thoughts about this social media outlet? Let me know!
Thanks for reading and be sure to follow me on Snapchat (here), if you’d like. Until next time, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME