I’m sure you can tell, after reading several posts, that I absolutely LOVE music! No matter the genre, I guarantee I can find at least 3 songs that I like. Music has always been a huge part of my life, but in my late 20’s I truly began to appreciate (good) music. So it’s only right that I create a playlist for my upcoming birthday.
Related: The Morning Playlist You Need for an Amazing Day
Music is something that helps me get through everything. Whether I’m happy, excited, irritated or stressed, I turn to music. It has the power to motivate and uplift, as well as calm and center me. I’m sure I’ll be blaring several of the songs listed below throughout the day on Thursday. Check out the perfect playlist to get you hype for an upcoming birthday!
R&B + Neo Soul + Pop
- Indy Girl | Chrisette Michele
- This is Me | Fantasia
- Grown Woman | Beyonce
- Born This Way | Lady Gaga
- Bravo | Ledisi
- Go Deep | Janet Jackson
- Get Right | Jennifer Lopez
- No Time for It | Fantasia
- One of Those Days | Whitney Houston
- 7/11 | Beyonce
- Private Party | India Arie
- Body Party | Ciara
- Brand New Me | Alicia Keys
- All For You | Janet Jackson
- I’m Every Woman | Whitney Houston
Gospel + Christian + Motivational
- Wanna Be Happy | Kirk Franklin
- Lord I Lift Your Name on High | Donnie McClurkin
- My Testimony | Marvin Sapp
- God in Me | Mary, Mary
- The Battle is the Lord’s | Yolanda Adams
- I Didn’t Know My Own Strength | Whitney Houston
- Oceans (Where Feet May Fall) | Hillsong United
- I Will Survive | Chantay Savage
- Free as a Bird | Vivian Green
- Take Me to the King | Tamela Mann
- Breakaway | Kelly Clarkson
- I Got This | Jennifer Hudson
- Higher Than This | Ledisi
- Strength, Courage & Wisdom | India Arie
- I Look to You | Whitney Houston
So tell me, what songs would you add to a playlist for a 30th birthday Let me know!
Thanks for reading and commenting! Until next time, be blessed and stay safe…XO!
KEEP UP WITH ME
Instagram // Twitter // Snapchat // Facebook // Newsletter
I’m going to be singing “Private Party” in my head all day long. What a fantastic list!
Psyche recently posted…8 Affordable Pairs of Pants in the IT Colors of Fall
Thanks, love! Isn’t that song great?!
Markita @ Sweshfit says
Good list! I would also add India Arie “I Choose”…especially since the first line is “Here I am looking at 30 and I got so much to say…” My jam! #blmgirls
Thanks, and I like that song too. Great addition…thanks again! 😉